Chapter 5.

•••••••••••••••••

WE MADE OUR way through a hall, "I hope she's okay.." I said as we walked. "She'll be okay, she's got to be close." Leon said and he opened a door. We walked in and saw Ashley sitting down, crying. I quickly made my way towards her, "Ashley.." I said softly, "N-No Y/N, stay back!" She said as she backed away. "I don't want to hurt you again.." she cried, I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Leon's eyes sadden. "Im so scared. When this happened...I wasn't myself anymore. I was something else." She said as she looked at us and I couldn't help but feel sad.

"Ashley, that must have been terrifying. I-I know.." Leon said as he got closer and she backed away, "You too?" She asked and he nods. "It's okay to be afraid.." I said as I held her hand and she jumped. "I don't want to hurt you..." she mumbled, "You won't, your aren't alone anymore." I said as I sat next to her and Leon sat on the other side. "You got to keep moving forward. We will beat this, together." Leon said and Ashley lay back, "I don't know if I can..." she said. "You can." I said as I hold her hand tighter and she lays on my shoulder. "Oh! I'm sorry..I forgot.." she said as she quickly rose up, "Its okay...I'm okay now." I smiled at her and she lay back down. "Next time just give us a heads up before you attack us, okay?" Leon joked and she chuckled, "Thank you both..."

We got up and Leon received a call, "Luis! Where are you?" "Sorry I, uh. I screwed up. Come to my rescue, Prince Charming." "I'll show you charming, pal!" "Cmon, I'm in the ballroom past the courtyard. Don't be late to the dance!" The call ended, "Can't believe that guy, how can you keep up with him." Leon said, "You'll get used to it." I said. "He's in trouble. We can't just leave him, right?" Ashley asked, "We won't, we'll go get him." Leon said as he looked at me and I smiled at him.

We made our way inside the castle which a guy in a red robe started to chant things, which summoned more enemies. "Sorry to interrupt your ritual." Leon said as he shot them, "How rude of you." I said, "Ha-Ha, now give me hand would you." He said and I smiled. "Sir yes sir." I shot the enemies and Leon killed the red robe guy. "Are you guys okay?" Ashley asks, "Crystal clear." I replied, "I'm good." Leon said and we walked towards a hallway into a room.

"Hey Leon, there's some armor. Bet you could use it like a bulletproof vest." Ashley said, Leon chuckled, "Little old fashioned for my taste." He replied. "Too bad, I'd think you'll look dashing." She said, "She's right, you'll look good. Maybe even attract the enemies. Seduction." I said and he smiled. "Then you should wear it, your good at attracting people." He replied, "Huh? What do you mean, attract wh— Oh. Leon do i attract you?" I smiled as I got close to him and he looked away. "Id say I'm warming up to you." He said and kept waking,

My heart started to flutter, "Hey! You can't just say that and walk away!" "I can, now let's go." He said, we followed him but his words kept repeating in my head. We walked around the castle and solved a puzzle which revealed a hidden door. "Guys! The stairs!" Ashley yelled and we both saw enemies coming close, "Stay back, we got this." Leon said and we got our guns ready. Suddenly a cage trapped us and separated Ashley, "Ashley run!" I yelled and she ran away. I saw an enemy head towards Leon and I shot it, he turned around and quickly moved me out the way. I saw a fire arrow on the ground, "Thanks." I said and he shot the enemy, "Duck." I was confused but ducked and he shot an enemy. Arrows kept flying and Leon used the enemy as a shield, I shot the enemy on top.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nod, "Are you?" "Yeah I'm okay." He said and then winced. "Leon?" I quickly went to him, "Don't get to close." He said. "Just keep holding on longer, we're almost there..." I said as I held his hand, he then held it tighter. "Leon..? Your holding a bit tight.." I said as I tried to pull away, "Leon?...Leon!" I yelled and he snapped out of it. He let go, "Shit. Are you okay? I'm sorry." He said as he tried to get close but hesitated. "I'm okay, I'm okay...if you wanted to hold my hand, you could of asked." I joked and he slightly chuckled, "How could you joke...after I did that.." "You don't want to hurt me Leon, so it doesn't scare me a lot."

"But I do scare you.." he said as he sat down and I sat next to him. "The plaga scares me, you and Ashley don't. I know you guys don't mean harm, I can't imagine what your feeling. I promise, you both will return home and be virus free." I said with a smile and he looked at me. "We will return home." He said and I smiled, "It's crazy, how close we have gotten. I didn't think we would even work together but look at us, we're partners." "Yeah, I thought you were a pain in the ass. I mean you are—" "Hey!" I nudged him and he chuckled. "But your not bad company either."  I felt embarrassed and smiled, "So you really are warming up to me." I teased. "Yeah, I am." He said as he looked at me. I was in shock, i didn't think he would actually agree. We then heard footsteps and quickly rosed up.

"Leon! Y/N!" Ashley yelled and we looked up, "Your okay!" I said, "Are you all right?" Leon asked, "Yeah! Give me a sec, I'll get you guys out." She said and walked over to the enemy and grabbed a key. "Try this Y/N!" She threw a key over to me and I went to the gate door. "Can you make it down? I can catch you." I overheard Leon, "Yeah, I think so" Ashley said. "Got the door open." I said and we both exited, we then heard Ashley yell. "Ashley!" I yelled as I saw her being taken, Leon started to shoot him but it was no use.

Leon then got a call, "Leon. Changed your mind yet?" "Ada?" "Assuming you haven't, I've got a tip for you. Seems like something big is about to go down in the throne room, babysitting's tough, huh." The call ended, "Hey! Ada? Ada!...perfect." Leon said. "A handful, isn't she?" I said and he smiled, "Yeah..." he then went quiet. "You and Ada have something, huh?" I asked and he stopped. "That's not important, we should get going." "Right..." we both went to find Ashley.

••••••••••••

We made it towards a gate with two unicorn heads, all that trouble and luckily got the missing horn. The gate opened, we then heard yells from Ashley as we opened the door. Ashley had something written on her face and was held by two enemies. "Ashley!" I yelled, and we both ran towards her. "No! Stop! Don't come any closer!" She yelled, and we stopped. "Are you hurt?" Leon asked, "Watch out!" She yelled and I was thrown into a wall and Leon was grabbed by a monster. "Please. Do continue." Ramón said and I was struggling to move. "No! No! Please! Let me go!" Ashley yelled, "Do not resist, my dear." Ramón said and a man with a robe was coming towards her. "It served only to make your suffering all the worse." He continued, and they forced her to drink something.

"Now, we can't forget little miss Y/N." He said and the men in robe came towards me. "Y/N!" Leon yelled, I tried to move but was in pain. I was fighting back as they grabbed me but I was to weak. "Our Lord Saddler, has asked for you. He has...big plans for you, my dear. Take her away." Ramón ordered, "Where are you taking her! Answer me!" Leon yelled and I was being dragged away, "Y/N!" He yelled, "Leon.." I mumbled and saw darkness.