Chapter 9.

••••••••••••
Leon POV

WE WALKED UP the stairs and I took out my binoculars. "Their defenses are no joke."  "Can you checked that building over there?" Ashley asked as she pointed. "That's gotta be their sanctuary...Y/N!"  "You spotted her?" Ashley asked and I put away my binoculars, "There taking her to the sanctuary."  "Then we shouldn't waste anymore time, lets go before we get there too late." Ashley said and we kept walking, I killed the enemies in our way but then saw a light. "Is that--" Ashley looked up and it was a chopper. "Sorry, bad traffic! One combat chopper, compliments of Hunnigan! Call me Mike. Now lets show these assholes what we got!" Mike said, I smiled, "Hunnigan...I owe you one."   "This is the best thing that has happened so far." Ashley said, "Let's make it count then." We made it towards the top to meet up with Mike.
"Get in!" Mike yelled, "Thanks." I said as we made our way towards the chopper. "When we get out of here, drinks are on me. I know a good bar...Yeah, keep your head down! Nice and slow." He said as he dropped down a rope. "Leon!" Ashley yelled and we looked up at the chopper.
"No..." I mumbled,  the chopper was being dragged down by creatures. The chopper was out of control and exploded, "Mike!" I yelled and then saw Saddler.

"I'll make sure your the next to go, Saddler." I mumbled and started to shoot the creatures that dragged the chopper. "So much for that.." Ashley mumbled, "Don't lose hope. We will make it out alive, okay?" I said as I grabbed her shoulder, "Alright." She smiled and we made our way to the sanctuary.

••••••••••••

We opened the door and Ashley ran in, "Y/N!" She yelled and I chased after her. Y/N was paler than ever, I saw needles around her. "Y/N..." I mumbled, I was going to reach her but was frozen in place, "I had a feeling that you would of come, my children." Saddler said as he approached us. "Why...do you want her?" I asked, "Her blood, is very...very special. As you can see, we injected her with different types of our fellow, gifts. She is the new gift, with her blood...we can create all types of powerful creatures." He responded. "A humble wish don't you think?" I said. "You see, we are all connected through the Holy Body. And now your flesh and bones, your very thoughts are already one with us." He said as he walked next to me. "Bullshit." I spat, "Why do you reject serenity? When you need only accept the sacred gift? Just how my dear, accepted hers." He touched Y/N, "Get your hands off her!" I growled.

"Ah, yes. The time has come...for this lamb to join our covenant!" He said and my body was in pain, "L-Leon..." Ashley mumbled as she was also being controlled. "Oh. Blessing's unto him and the sweet mercy they bring. Exult all!—and let it be so!" He continues but then gunshots were heard and Saddler was shot. I was set free and ran towards Ashley, "I'm okay..." she quickly said. "Leon! Go!" Ada yelled and she kept shooting. I quickly stood up and carried Y/N, "Let's go!" I said and we both quickly ran to an opening. As we went in, the entrance caved in.

"Are you okay?" Ashley asked and I nod, "I'll be okay." "Leon...what's happening to her?" She said as she pointed at Y/N, her veins were black and had marks under her eyes. "We need to go to the laboratory quickly!" I said and Ashley quickly ran to a map, "Laboratory B is this way!" She said and we kept walking. As we walked I kept having these weird visions, "Leon, your getting worse.." she said as she looked at me, "I should be saying the same." I said, we continued walking. "Do..you see—" "Yes..just keep going. Don't be scared." I said and she nods. "We can do this.."

••••••••••••

We made it to the laboratory and Ashley colapse, "Ashley?" I said as I went to her, "I'm okay, get Y/N on the chair." She said, "No you need it, you've been infected longer. Sit." I said and placed Y/N on the ground. I went to the computer and clicked enable. The machine started and started to kill the virus, Ashley started to scream and I held her hand. Ashley stopped screaming and I saw that it was complete, I felt lightheaded and collapsed on the ground.

"Ashley...?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was sitting on the chair, "I'm right here, I thought you were gonna die." She said as she hugged me, "Okay." I said as I pat her back, "Where's Y/N?" I asked, "I lay her down on a desk, don't worry. I checked her constantly, but we should get her." She said as she sat me up, "Yeah...let's get her." I said and got up. I followed Ashley, "Y/N?...Y/N! Leon she's not here! I left her here! Shes gone!" She yelled and I checked the room. "Fuck!" I yelled, "Leon, do you think that's Y/N's?" She asked as she pointed at the ground, there was a trail of black goo. "I hope it's not...but we should hope it is her." "Then let's go find Y/N. And go home." She said and we followed the trail.