Chapter 8.

•••••••••••••••••

"What is that?" Ashley asked as we walked to a weird glowing thing. "Prostrate yourselves!" A voice said, me and Leon aimed our gun at them. "This is our Holy Body. Our divine providence! And soon...such a profound blessing for all...las plagas! Welcome, my children. I am Osmund Saddler. The speaker for our Lord." Saddler said, "Tell someone who gives a shit." Leon said as he shot him. "Foolish lambs. Why do you deny grace?" Saddler said and Leon winced in pain. "Leon!" I went over to him, "Now, abandon your body!" Saddler said and Ashley was being controlled. "Obey. Obey the voice of our Lord." He continues, "Saddler stop!" I yelled and was being held by his people. "Oh, my dear Y/N. Sacrifices have to be made." He said and Ashley picked up a gun. She then aimed it at Leon, "Please! Stop!" I yelled as I tried to fight back.

"You have certainly caught my attention my Y/N." Saddler said and Ashley dropped. "Let's make a reasonable trade, you take the girl. I keep Y/N, she will be very useful to me." He said, "No!" Ashley and Leon both yelled, "I told you Leon...I'm not your priority. Save Ashley and get out of here!" I yelled at them, I then turn to Saddler. "If I go with you, you will let them go." "I keep my promises my dear." "...I'll go with you."

"Y/N, No..." Ashley ran to me and hugged me. "Final goodbyes are always hard, aren't they. Use your time wisely." Saddler said, "Ashley..." I held her chin up and saw that she was crying. "They will kill you...or experiment on you.." "Let's not think about that, your going to be safe. I'm happy that I tagged along and met you." I said as I hugged her back. "I'm glad I met you too.." she cried. She let go and I walked towards Leon. "Don't come after me." I said and he didn't say anything. I grabbed his face "Thank you for everything. Your a great partner, white boy." I said and kissed him. He kissed  back, I softly smiled as we both looked at eachother. "Take care, Leon." I said and walked over to Saddler.

"Ready my dear?" He asked, "Yes." I said but was interrupted when we heard a gun shot. We turned around and Leon killed one of Saddlers people. "I should of guessed. Be good for your Lord." He said and both Ashley and Leon were forced down. I then felt a pain on my neck, "Y/N!" Ashley yelled, "What did you do!?" Leon yelled. "I put my dear to sleep, she will wake up soon. Leave us be." He said and my eyes slowly closed and I saw darkness.

                      ••••••••••••
                              Leon POV

"We need to get her!" Ashely said as she picked me up, "Have any clue on why they want her?" I asked her as I reloaded my gun. "When I was with her, they took blood samples, said that her blood matched with someone...I'm sorry I don't really remember." she mumbled, "Its okay Ashley, let's just find her." I said and we left the storage room. We walked around a camping site and went into a tent. "This is for you Leon." Ashley handed me a picture...of me? "Im waiting." it read. "I have a good guess of who did this." I mumbled and saw a tape recorder, I press play. "You've done well to make it this far, rookie. Ive prepared a battlefield up ahead, just for us soldiers. Watered by the blood of generations, hundreds of years, it's the perfect place to put an end to what happened two years ago."

"Looks like we're going to war?" Ashley asked and I shook my head, "Don't get involved, I need you to be safe and in one piece. Maybe that merchant guy is somewhere close and you'll stay with him." "I can totally fight." she said and I just looked at her, "Okay fine, ill stay with him." she sighed and we followed a red trail and saw the merchant guy. "Welcome! Well then...What can I do for you?" he asked and I bought a couple things from him. "Pleasant travels." "Ashley, stay here. Okay?" I said and she hesitated. "Okay, okay. Just be careful." "I will." I softly smiled and left to the battlefield.

"Ive been waiting for you, rookie. Are you worried about that girl? Hmm..thats just like you. You always had poor judgment. But if you think I'm going to let you out of here alive. Your even more naive than I thought. You can't save her. You can't save anyone!" "Give it up Krauser! Being a lackey for these maniacs won't bring your men back! And what the hell for? Revenge on the government? You think they would want that?" "Revenge? You think I'm doing all this for revenge?" "Isn't that what this is all about?" "You see, in the jungle. I had a revelation. The most important thing in this world is pure, unadulterated power! Los iluminados have given me that." "You know, you were always an asshole. But at least you had some kind of code, some honor! And look at you now..." "Enough reminiscing. Move out and draw fire, soldier." Krauser said as he started to shoot, I quickly dodged them and hid on a rock. "Better run, rookie!" he yelled, "Not like I have a choice." I mumbled and started shoot him.

After a while of fighting , he jumped on a pillar. "Are we done here, Krauser?" I yelled, "I told you again and again..." He said as he took off his shirt and his arm started to mutate. "Your too soft to do what's necessary. That's the difference between you and me, rookie." He said as he jumped down and broke the ground underneath us. I quickly got up and turned on my flashlight, "Time to finish...your training." Krauser said as I tried to find him. "You've completely lost it, Krauser." I said as I found him and we began fighting.

••••••••••••

I found the way out and saw that the gate to the entrance was closing, "Shit!" I then heard a noise behind me. "Trainings not done. Last lesson starts right now." Krauser jumped but I quickly dodge it. "Nah. Time for the teacher to be taught." "Such confidence. Bring it, rookie!" He attacked me and I quickly shot him. "Here we go again..." I mumbled and started to shoot him. After a while of fighting, I shot him one last time and he dropped on the ground. "Do...what you have to do." he said as he lay down. I grabbed the knife next to him and hovered over him, with the knife above his chest. "That's right." he said, I hesitated but closed my eyes and stabbed his chest. "I trained you well...Leon." Krauser said as his dying breaths.

I took the knife out and looked at it, "That you did, Major. That you did." I took a deep breath and saw the gates open. I walked in and looked at Krauser one last time as the gates slowly closed. "There you are!" I heard Ashley say and she hugged me, "How did you--?" "The merchant, he showed me a shortcut to here." she smiled, "I'll start giving him tips now." "How'd it go, guessing hard?" she asked. "...Im okay, lets focus on rescuing Y/N." "Ay! Ay! Captain." She joked and I smiled. I'll find you Y/N...