Chapter 7.

•••••••••••••••••

"Those things are such a headache..." I said as I reloaded my gun, "Tell me about it.." Leon said and entered a room with a weird looking door. "Its locked." I said, "Great, you stay here." he said and left. After a while, the door's button turned green. "Its open!" I yelled and went inside, I looked around and went towards a "window." "Ashley?...Ashley!" I yelled, she was laying down on a bed, "She's in here?" Leon asked and then looked. "Shit! Hang in there...Lets go." he said and we kept exploring.

••••••••••••

We entered a laboratory room, "What the fuck..." I said as I saw an "experiment." Leon walked next to me, "Christ...What kind of experiments are they doing here?" Leon asked, "Fucked up ones apparently." I said and he found a keycard. We were going to leave when a creature appeared in front of us, "Shit." me and Leon said and kept shooting the monster. "No use. Head to the door." Leon said and we both ran to the door, he swiped the card but it didn't work. "Switch the power, ill distract it." he said and I nod. We went our separate ways and I switched the power, "Leon! The door!" I yelled as I ran to the door and he appeared a second after. "It worked. Let's go." we went into the room, "This looks lovely..." I said and Leon placed the key card into a machine. "Now we wait." he said but heard something behind us. "Shit! Again? I'll distract it and you just wait for the card." he said and the led the monster away.

The card was ready, I grabbed it and went towards a computer with a locked door next to it. I solved it and saw a gun, "Leon will like this.." I grabbed and ran towards Leon. "Got it!" and we both left to another room. "I have a gift for you." I said as I handed him the gun, "Where did you get this?" he asked, "It was in a room, which was hard to get into." I said and we kept walking, "Thanks." "Your welcome, white boy." "Was wondering when you would call me that." "Did you miss it?" "...yeah." he said and I softly smiled. "Lets go find Ashley, lover boy." "Lover boy, huh?" "Shut up and lets go." "Yes ma'am."

••••••••••••

Leon swiped the key card and the door open, we both ran towards Ashley. Leon cut her free, "Ashley.." I softly said as I turned her around and saw her condition. "Its spreading..." I said, "Shit.." Leon mumbled and then pulled something from his pocket. He then injected Ashley, and the black veins started to fade away. "Your going to be okay..." Leon said as he looked at Ashely and then Leon looked at his arm. "Leon?" I asked as I went close to him and he winced in pain. "Hey, easy...easy." I said as I grabbed him and sat him down. "Your going to be okay Leon, I'll make sure you two will get home safe." I said as I sat next to him, "Its We remember, We will get home Y/N." he said and I held his hand, he looked at me confused. "Ashley is your priority, I'm not your priority. I work for umbrella, I'm not supposed to be helping you." "Then why are you?" "I warmed up to you Leon, both of you." I said and lay my head on his shoulder. "Leon?" "Hm.." "If Saddler takes me. Don't come for me, it'll be your chance of escaping." I said and he quickly looked at me. "Im not leaving you Y/N." "Leon, I'm a "bad" person." "No you aren't, you helping us was your choice. You mean good, you helped me find Ashley, you even took care of her. Your my partner Y/N." he said, "Why are you making me feel this way.." i whispered, I cupped his face and kissed him.

"I--wh-" he stuttered, "Y/N? Leon?" Ashley said as she woke up and I quickly hugged her. "Hey Y/N." she giggled and hugged me back. "Can you stand?" Leon asked and she sat up, "Where's Luis?" she asked and I slightly sadden. "He was worried about you, until the end.." Leon said and Ashely held my hand. "Im sorry.." she mumbled and I smiled at her, "Its...okay Ashley." "Come on, we don't have much time, let's get rid of those things." Leon said, "For Luis." Ashely said, "For Luis." I said back.

We walked around and made it outside, "Guys, look." Ashley said as she was looking at a crack in the wall. "That's the lift?" Leon asked, "If we could do something with this wall..." Ashley mumbled and I cleared my throat. "I think I found our solution." I said and they both smiled. "A wrecking ball." Leon said and Ashley hopped on, "Ooh! I wanna go in!" I said and we both went in, Ashley was driving. I looked out the window and saw Leon smiling. He got up and held to a bar, "Is this what they teach kids in school these days?" "Have you never heard of drivers ed?" Ashely said and stopped driving. "Get back!" I told Leon and he got off. "Ready?" Ashley asked, "Absolutely." I said and the wrecking ball hit the wall but didn't break it completely. An alarm went off and lights came on, enemies stood in front of us.

"Leave our friends to me." Leon said, "To us." I said as I got out and stood next to Leon. We both worked together to take down the enemies and Ashley broke down the wall. "That did it!" Ashley said and we walked towards the lift. "You know. I...I was thinking—we all work well together, don't we?" "I guess we do." Leon said, "Right?! Maybe someday, I'll become like you guys!" She said, "Like Leon, yes. You'll be a great agent." I said with a smile. "First we have to make it out of here." Leon said, "Hm, your no fun." Ashley whined, "Respect your elders Ashley." I teased "We're both the same age." Leon nudged me, i smiled at him. "We should get going, you lovers." Ashley said as she walked first. Me and Leon both stood still, "So, the kis—" I cut Leon off, "We should really get going!" I said and kept walking.