Chapter 6

Aryan

The blue t-shirt suited her hair. She must be feeling weird with me not wearing a shirt but I couldnt help it. Goa is hot and I dont like to wear shirts to bed. It looked like she was working on something after the whole moaning incident so I didn't bother her. She was laughing. Actually laughing. It pleases me to see her like this. Happy. I was really meaning to talk to her. I want her back. I might have been the one to let her go. I might have been the one to never go back when I had the chance. I might have been the one to walk away when I shouldn't have. But now I could do it. She is right there ......

I saw her closing the laptop so I kept my phone aside too. She was coming towards me. Was this it? Were we getting back together? Is it love again? Nope.  Not love. She just grabbed a pillow and a blanket and started to head out.

"Where do you think you're going?"- I asked her as casually as I could but she didn't say anything. She simply turned around and stared at me.

"You cant sleep outside. There are no more rooms available." - I tried again. I had to stop her from leaving.
"I saw a couch in the living room."
"You cant sleep there."
"Why not?"
"Because it's cold outside."
"Says the person sitting half naked."
"That's not the issue here."
"Then let me go?"
"I cant do that to you again."
There. I said it. She looked frightened and angry at the same time. Did I go too far?
  "Natasha please. We need to talk."
"Why should I? You didn't bother talking when we should have."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mea-"
"Jeez Aryan! You're sorry after 13 years ?! After fucking 13 years?! 13 Years when you could've talked?!" -  the words came out of her mouth with a laugh but also pain and agony in her voice. I could almost see her about to tear up.
"Yes.. I know I'm not in the place to say it but I'm sorry."
"I'm leaving."
She was so determined to leave the goddamn room.
"Wait up. Dont leave, I'll take the couch."
"You'll hurt your fragile back if you sleep there."
"And so will you."
"I'm a doctor."
"Doctors dont have a back?"
"I know how to fix it though."
"Do you even hear yourself Natasha? You'll need your back if you're gonna play the piano tomorrow."
That flustered her. Her words were used against her.
"Fine then. Where do I sleep Mr.KnowEverything?"
"On the bed. "
"With you?"
"We'll put up a partition alright ?"
"Whatever. "
She headed back to the bed.
"I'll take the left side."- her voice had such a sense of command in it. She must scare her patients.

So this is how it went. We put a pillow on the bed to make a boundary. No one crosses it. We adjusted ourselves and put on the blankets. I said goodnight but she was still mad. God please let it be the alcohol. 
I was all set to sleep but she didn't look okay. It wasn't discomfort. But she looked rather worried. Was it me? I hate to see her like this but I need to win her back. Once again.

"You okay?"- I asked her because I had to.
"Its none of your business."
"You are my business."