Chapter 16- The Backstory

Aryan

So I did it. At least I think I did it. I just needed to wait for her response. But I dont have that amount of patience either. So I ended up texting her at midnight. And as expected she was awake. Does this girl ever sleep?

Aryan : Hey you still awake?

Natasha: Yeah is something wrong ?

Aryan : Can we talk ?

Natasha : I think we talked earlier today?

Aryan : Not that kind of talk. Just normally talking maybe ?

Natasha : Okay what do you wanna talk about ?

Aryan : Ummm... What did you have for dinner ?

Natasha : Seriously?

And so our conversation went on for about an hour. She didn't involve in it much so I ended up asking all the questions. I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning. And so with my thoughts I went to sleep, dreaming about the girl with the brown eyes and  delicate fingers, putting flowers in my hair.

             ______________________

I happily got on the bus the next morning. But she wasn't there. Did she not come to school today? I hoped to find her in school at least. Maybe she was late or something? I rushed to look for her during breakfast. I searched for her in the cafeteria but I couldn't find her anywhere. I gave up and went to my class.

Why isn't she here? Did she get sick? Or is it because of me? She cant leave me hanging like this!!!!

Feeling disappointed, I went back to the cafeteria for lunch. I didnt bother looking for her. I grabbed an apple and sat down at my table. The noisy cafeteria felt completely silent for me.

I heard some kids howling like animals and turned to see what it was. It was Natasha and her team. She had a trophy in her hands. And everyone was cheering. What happened exactly? I joined the clapping too. I was happy for her.

The rest of the day went by and it was time to leave. I got on the bus hoping she would be there and fortunately enough, she was. I found her in the same seat we used to sit in earlier. But she was asleep. I slid in beside her but didnt wake her up.

The trophy was poiking out of ber bagpack. I read the label and it was for the debate team. I'm so proud of her. She always wanted to win a debate.

The bus started to move soon. Her head had started to bump in the metal bars in the windows. So I moved her head onto my right shoulder. She still didnt wake up.

A few minutes later, she started to move in her sleep. She wrapped her arm around my neck and shifted a little to get comfortable. I took her other hand and held it for the time being. I could feel her breath on my neck and her hair smelled like apples.

What more could I ask for right now?

There was a bump in the road soon and she almost fell off the seat. And now she finally woke up.

Her eyes widened at my sight.

Did I do something wrong ? I sure hope not........