Chapter 8

Aryan

When I woke up in the morning she wasnt there beside me. I didn't bother putting on a shirt and headed to the studio. Everyone else was asleep but there were sounds from the studio. It must be her. She is the only person who can include jazz in every sort of music. I went in and she was with the bass. And surprisingly amazing at it. That's a shocker.

I stood over Vinayak and listened. There was a coffee mug on the table. Didn't look like somebody took a sip yet so I took it for me. It tasted so bitter. It has to be her who made it. Someone has to fix her. And by someone I mean me.

Last night I was enlightened with a bunch of stuff about of Natasha. That girl is not at all okay. She murmurs words while sleeping. She also kept shedding tears the whole time. And if that wasn't enough, she bites herself. It's very much possible that the scars I saw on her back were from her own hands. Maybe that's why she didn't want to sleep with me. Correction. Sleep in the same bed with me. I wanted to wake her up so bad but they say its not good to wake someone up suddenly like this. I held her hand for a long while then. That didn't stop her murmuring but it helped with the biting and crying. I could be wrong but I heard my name a few times too. For some reason I cant help but think that I'm partially responsible for her being like this. She looked so helpless while sleeping. I'm sorry I ruined you Natasha. Why can't you be back to me so I can fix everything?

She probably doesnt remember anything. She might not even be aware that I saw it all.

But even though that happened, she looks so flawless this morning. How she plays the bass and enjoys it is so mesmerizing. As if I'm feeling a warm summer breeze in the winter storm around me.

Everyone was up soon and we started to work on the music. By 1PM we had the bass, drums ,flute and the parts on the keyboard recorded successfully. Breakfast somehow happened between all this even thought Natasha kept telling us not to eat in the studio. Actually she was being bossy all the time. That girl doesnt see room for mistakes in any way. So we were all being rubbed to death. Being done with all this we decided to go to the beach. We were in Goa after all.

We'd have lunch there itself and enjoy the time along with the waves. I went back to the room and put on a light green shirt with little white flowers on it. Along with that I put on the swimming trunks. God I'm hot! But where is she? I went out of the room with the boys. She came out a few minutes later and maybe she shouldn't have. All the guys were starting at her. Bhowmik and Atharva might have forgotten they were gay upon seeing her. Dont do this Natasha. You're too much for their eyes.