PROLOGUE

ERIATA ADESUWA AMELIA

My thoughts wandered as I pressed the iron harder on my clothe. Tomorrow was the first day of the last term in SS2 and honestly I wasn't excited.

I loved school in terms of friends, gossip and the likes and hearing this you might think I'm one of those people who don't take school seriously, well you are wrong.

I am a straight A's student and I have never gotten a B in my lifetime. I wasn't the top in my class but atleast I was among the top 3 and it had been that way ever since I came to KentWood High school in JSS1.

KentWood wasn't my choice of school, it was my parent's choice. I wanted to go to a school like Crestview or Cresent or even Castron High where all the gist was, but my parents never agreed.

KentWood was a prestigious school, no doubt. It was known for its excellence and its name was covered with gold but it was also a school for rules, a no nonsense school.

This was exactly what I hated about the school. I hated been bossed around and told what to do and that is what happens here at KentWood.

I hated the school but...

The smell of something burning hit my nose and my eyes immediately went to the cloth I was ironing.

My blazer. It had burnt

It had a big hole at the back.

Urgh! I hate KentWood.

I turned off the electric iron and I assessed the damage I had caused.

Well there goes 15 thousand naira.

Luckily I had a spare. I was prepared, I am always prepared. I brought out my spare blazer and I began ironing it, careful not to let my thoughts wandered too far so as to not get the blazer burnt.

Tomorrow is going to be another day of school and I would have to tread carefully because KentWood is just like a jungle. The weak can't survive there and you would have to be careful of every step you take and of every word you speak.

I raised the blazer up and admired my masterpiece which I had blessed with 'gatox' and I smiled.

KentWood was fake, the students were fake, the teacher's behaviour fake, I was fake, yet we still managed to outshine others.

A soft laugh of mockery escaped my lips as I thought of all the pathetic things about KentWood but look on the bright side, in school there's friends and gossip. The two major things I look forward to.

I hanged my blazer on the hanger, it was still hot from the excessive ironing as I slipped it into my wardrobe.

All in all, no matter what I thought, it didn't matter because at the end of the day, I was yet another forthcoming ambassador of this prestigious school.

I lived the life I wanted, I demanded respect and they gave me that respect and at the end that was all that truely mattered. That was all I cared about.

I sighed, so much for not letting my thoughts wander far. I smiled once more as I thought of tomorrow and all the surprises it may bring.

_________________________
A/N: So that was the prologue. I hoped you liked it. This is my first book in wattpad so I would love if you support me by voting and leaving a comment💖