CHAPTER 3

DAFE JAMUIKE DESMOND

My eyes scanned the school as I got down from the car.

Impressive, but I had seen better ones.

I suppressed the urge to groan, who changes school in SS2. Apparently my dad thought it would be the best thing to do since he doesn't want to have anything to do with mum.

I walked towards the school and I received quite a number of stares, and I had a feeling it was not because I was new, probably because of the full curly bush on my head.

Yes I knew it wasn't allowed but hell am I letting anyone touch my hair not to talk of cutting it, so dad pulled some strings and here I am.

I walked straight to the administrative block and I sighted the receptionist.
"Good morning" I said
"What do you want" she said rather harshly not taking her eyes away from the computer as she typed furiously on the keyboard

Somebody's having a bad day

I smirked, the cocky side of me coming out.
"Ma?" I tried once again and she looked up, shock evident in her eyes. I smiled my brightest smile. I knew I was handsome and I may or may not have used that to my advantage a couple of times.

"Yes, what do you want?" she asked softer this time.
"I'm a new student. I wanted to know if you can perhaps give me my timetable and maybe show me my locker?" I said trying to sound polite.

She looked confused

"The timetable for all the classes is posted on the notice board and your locker is in your class, where else would it be?" she asked still with that same confused expression.

"Thanks" I said already getting annoyed
"Hey!" she called me back "It's thank you, show some respect"
I just gave her an irritated look and left, my mood was officially ruined.

How was I supposed to know that this school wasn't as posh as Jovian High School

I walked through the hallways and noticed that people here wore short sleeved t-shirt, they were probably in lower classes. I walked further and saw a bold sign that said 'SENIORS BLOCK' and I smiled to myself.

Forever the observant.

I walked through the alley which demarcated the seniors block from the juniors block and immediately I entered the seniors block everybody seemed to stop what they were doing and just stare then they started whispering.

Weirdos

None of these fazed me, I walked head high, emitting the aura of confidence. I had been told by my dad that I was in SS2H, commercial class, I looked at the sign on the class doors, they read SS1 and I sighed, this is going to be a little harder than I thought.

I saw a staircase and I climbed it, there was a long hallway. I looked up at the signs on the doors, I was in front of 'SS2E', I kept walking down looking at the doors

'SS2F'
'SS2G'
Bang
I felt my body colliding with another one.
"Fuck!" I cursed out
"Sorry" the person who bumped into me said, it took all the power in me not to smash my fists into his face.

"Hey, I haven't seen you here before, you're new?"
"Yes" I said with a seething voice
"Chillax, abi I don apologise. No qualms. I'm Ola" he said and looked at me probably expecting a reply.
"Desmond" I said and made an attempt to walk away but this boy stuck to me like a chewing gum.

"Are you a commercial student?"
"Yes, SS2H" only God knew why I told him that
"Mad! That is my class, come on let me introduce you to your classmates. Warning, they can get a little wild" he said and I smiled, maybe we can get along.