Tarantula

Once I arrived at my flat, I slumped down on my couch and turned on the TV.  Some random romance sitcom was on. I sometimes wish that love is as easy as it seems in the movies. Things always work out so perfectly. There's no issues, no miscommunication, just two people that love each other. I get up and walk over to my kitchen and grab a bag of chips.

       The two characters on the tv are having an argument. I'm half asleep so I don't know what's happening. The boy then pulls in the girl and gives a cheesy monologue about how much he's in love with her and how he will never let her go. Sounds familiar. I begin to think of 2D. I feel so awful for leaving him. I wish that our friends didn't have tension and things could be normal. At this point Ruby is acting more like my mom than my best friend. I don't want to hide things from her because that makes me a bad friend but I'm an adult. I should be able to speak to who I want. It's also not like I'm speaking to the person who killed her brother. 2D doesn't even know.

I take my phone off the counter and dial 2D's number.

"Hey, are you still here? I didn't see you in the crowd." He spoke. His surroundings were very loud and overwhelming.

"Are you busy right now?" I ask.

"Not at the moment, no." He said confused.

"I'm coming to pick you up."

"Uh, alright love. See you soon."

I hung up the phone and headed out to my car. I put the keys in the ignition and zoomed off to the venue. As I arrived, I spotted 2D talking with Murdoc. I parked my car and walked up to them.

"You ready?" I ask, jingling my keys. 2D smiled at me.

"I thought you left?" Murdoc said confused. I grabbed 2D's arm and we ran off to the car.

Once in the car, we turned on the radio and began singing along to the song. The whole ride home we were singing and laughing. I've never had this much fun with someone before. "So, why did you want to see me?" he asked as we parked in my usual parking spot.

"I didn't get to see you that much tonight and I'd like to talk with you." I said as I turned off my car.

"Alright!' he said excitedly. We walked into my flat and I led him to my couch. I then walked over to my lamps and turned them on so we wouldn't have to use the overhead light.

"You have a lovely home." 2D said trying to be nice. I laughed and thanked him.

"So, what do you wanna do?" he asked me.

"Do you want to help me dye my hair? I've been meaning to do it for a while now." I said. His eyes lit up.

'Yeah! That sounds cool." I got up and got the hair dye from off my dresser and put them in the bathroom. I then changed into some shorts and an old T shirt. 2D was already in the bathroom getting everything prepped.

"So, what do you plan on doing?" he asked.

"I was thinking of doing a split dye with the red and pink." I said.

"Interesting." he said. He then left the bathroom to go get me a chair.

"I'll dye it, I dye my hair quite often." He spoke. I nodded and sat down. He started to bleach my hair; he seemed really professional. Not even salons can do it this well.

"How did you get so good at dyeing hair?" I asked curiously.

"I've been dyeing my hair since I was a teenager, and my friends always asked me to dye theirs. I also was planning on attending a beauty school but now that I'm living with Murdoc that won't happen. I know it's kind of girly to want to work as a hair stylist, but it's been a passion of mine for years." 2D said.

"Will Murdoc not let you?" I questioned.

"He's just really focused on the band. He made me quit my job at the piano store. He assured me that we were going to make it big. I know it's foolish to believe him, but we already have a following." He said as he placed my hair down.

"This needs to process for a bit before we put the dye on." he said.

"Well, I'm hopeful that you'll make it big, but I think you should have a backup plan." I say.

"Don't worry love, I've got one. Now enough about me, what do you plan on doing with your life?" he asked.

"I'm hoping to become a tattoo artist." I say. He looked at me shocked.

"You know how to tattoo?" he asked.

"I do." I smile.

"You should give me one. I've been wanting one for a while now." He spoke.

I looked at him surprised. "You actually want me to?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah!" he said. He then opened the bottle of hair dye and applied it on his gloved hands. He applied the pink dye on the right side. After covering all my hair, he moved on to the left side.

"This needs to sit for a while and then we can wash it out." he spoke.

"Thank you for doing this." I say.

"Of course." He smiled. My cheeks blushed as I stared at his pitch-black eyes and messy blue hair.

After a few minutes I turned on the water from my bathtub and rinsed out the excess dye. I then took a towel from the rack beside the tub and wrapped it around my hair. I then got my hair dryer out from under my sink and began drying my hair.

Once my hair was all dry, I ruffled it out to see the finished product. It looked incredible.

"Oh my god, it looks amazing. Thank you." I said getting up and hugging him. 

"You're very welcome." he said hugging me back. After the hug he lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him.

"You know I've always been very fond of you Greta. You're a lovely girl."

"I think you're lovely too Stuart." We both smiled at each other until he pulled my face in for a kiss. I've never experienced a kiss quite like this one. It felt so magical. It felt like all my worries had vanished and the only thing that mattered was 2D's lips on mine. I've had my fair share of boyfriends in the past, but nothing like this. Everything just feels so right, just like in the  romance sitcoms.

We pulled away from each other. "I'm sorry, did that make you uncomfortable." he said nervously. I then pulled him back in for another kiss. This one more passionate than the last. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I placed my arms around his neck. As we kissed, I put my hands in his hair and began playing with it. He pulled away and smiled. My pale face was bright red. His cheeks flushed a light pink.

"I think now is a good time to say that I like you. A lot actually.  I thought you were beautiful whenever I first met you at the piano shop and my feelings only grew whenever I spoke to you at the bar. You're so beautiful and caring, you make me so happy. I don't think I've ever felt this happy in my life. You are the sunshine in my life Greta. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he said. I then began to cry.

"Oh my, are you alright? Did I upset you? I'm so sorry." He said as he tried to comfort me.

"No, you didn't upset me. That's just the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." I said threw my sobs. 2D then pulled me back into our hug.

"It's ok hun, don't cry." he spoke softly as he rubbed my back. We stood in that hug for minutes. That was the safest I've ever felt.

"What are we going to do? No one can find out about this." I said suddenly.

"About what?" he said confused.

"That we're seeing each other. Ruby hates you and she'd kill me if she found out." I spoke.

"I mean, we can keep it a secret for a while.  I don't think Murdoc wants me to date anyone right now either." he spoke.

"Then its settled." I said pulling him back into a hug.