𝟗.

𓆩⫯𓆪

𓆩⫯𓆪

When the coach's whistle blew, it meant the training was finally over, and all the players stopped running to head to their locker room.

"Good job, boys," the man said. "Same time tomorrow."

Jungkook pushed his sweaty bangs back, trying to catch his breath. They have been training every day after school since the festival, and it was possibly the worst timing for him. The exams would start soon, so the busier he got on the field, the lower his chances of getting high scores, as he always did.

The same was probably happening to Taehyung too. The difference between them was that Jungkook could do relatively well either way, while it wasn't his case. They didn't use to be so close, but after his birthday, both found themselves spending more time together, something that didn't go unnoticed by his other friends.

Jimin, who was walking by his side, spoke. "I was going to ask you to hang out at the karaoke tonight."

"Going to?"

"Yeah, but I figured you rather spend time with your new buddy, Kim Taehyung."

Jungkook couldn't stop himself from laughing. "Getting jealous, are we?" 

Jimin shook his head, his eyes rolling, then suddenly, something made him stop in the middle of the field. "Oh, no..." he whined. "What the hell is she doing here?"

"What?"

"My sister," he nodded at the fence. "Urgh, she probably stayed so I could take her shopping again."

Jungkook smirked. "Have fun."

"What? No! You can't leave me alone with her."

"Jimin, I really like you, but I'm not going to the mall with your sister."

"Wait," his friend dragged him back by the jersey. "Give her an excuse. Say we gotta study for tomorrow's test in your house or something."

"Why don't you tell her that yourself?"

"Because she won't believe me, Jungkook," he said as if it was obvious. "Of course she'll figure it out. And I promised to do her favors after she saved me from our parents when I showed up home... a little drunk."

"So I gotta carry the can because you lost your ability to deceive your sister?"

"Shut up, just come with me."

Jungkook groaned, letting himself be dragged by him.

Jihyo almost leaped from the grandstand once she saw her crush joining her brother. "Hi Jun—"

"Jihyo, I can't take you out today," Jimin cut her off before she could greet them. He elbowed Jungkook, and after a sigh, he said:

"I asked your brother over to study with me. You don't mind, right?"