𝟐𝟗.

𓆩⫯𓆪

𓆩⫯𓆪

Jieun arrived at school early and was already seated, frantically trying to finish the homework that she had forgotten about the day before. Despite the dark circles under her eyes from a sleepless night, she covered them with some concealer. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about what Jungkook had told her.

He seemed serious about not wanting her to be with Taehyung alone, but she couldn't figure out why. It couldn't be jealousy as they had already crossed that boundary. Taehyung had done worse things than just taking her out for ice skating, and Jungkook was always there to witness it.

However, Jieun decided to stop dwelling on it and focused her attention back on her math problem. Unbeknownst to her, students had started arriving, but she continued until someone snatched her paper away.

Irritated, she grunted, "Hey!" but her expression softened when she saw who had taken it. "Oh... It's you."

Taehyung grabbed a chair nearby, turned it around,  and took a seat in front of her. "Once a nerd, always a nerd..." he said, looking over her paper.

"Nerds don't do their homework in class because they make sure to finish everything in time, which it's never my case," she smiled, taking it back.

"So, how was your night yesterday? Did somebody take you out?

"Yeah, kind of had a date with this guy..."

"Really?" he asked, resting his chin on his hand. "Is he cute?"

"He can be charming," she giggled. "He also taught me how to skate on ice. Then took me home."

Taehyung feigned a surprised face. "I like him already. Should I be jealous?" Jieun laughed and pursed her lips. He was such a goof. "I texted Jungkook to come with us before arriving at your house, but he never answered," he continued. "Guess he was busy practicing or something."

Jieun's expression shifted to seriousness. She pondered whether it was wise to tell Jungkook's remarks to Taehyung. Considering that he was likely unaware of his visit to her house the previous day, it might be better to keep the information to herself. "Well, he missed it," she smiled again. "I had fun."

"Did your father find out?" he raised an eyebrow.

"No, I don't think so. He came home really late from his meeting. And I also removed the ladder from my window this morning, which by the way, is what I should have used instead of jumping on you."

The duo continued to chat and laugh until the sound of the bell interrupted them. Soon after, Jungkook entered the classroom accompanied by his teammate, Jimin, and she immediately took notice. The glare he cast on her after spotting Taehyung there was deadly, and she felt right into her soul.

"Um... y-you should go back to your seat now."

Taehyung never protested and pinched her nose playfully as he stood up and walked over to his own seat. She released a sigh of relief, sinking into the chair before glancing over Jungkook's way again.