𝟑𝟔.

𓆩⫯𓆪

𓆩⫯𓆪

Already inside the classroom, Jieun opened her locker, followed by a yawn. She woke up feeling depressed about the Biology test they were going to have later that day, and the fact that she had a terrible night's sleep didn't help either, not when a particular soccer player did not want to leave her mind, not even in her dreams.

All she could do was hope for the best and try to do well on the test.

Jihyo—with her same everyday smile, startled her when she purposely closed her locker. "Hi!"

"Oh, hey," she smiled, placing a hand on her chest. "You scared me."

"A little bird told me that you went home with Jaehyun last night..." Jihyo sang.

"Yes," she confirmed, opening her locker again. "He offered me a ride. He's very sweet."

"He's very sweet?" her friend was astounded. "What about Taehyung? You're not seeing him anymore?"

"Jaehyun just gave me a ride, Jihyo. It's not that big of a deal," Jieun could see in her friend's eyes that she had a lot of questions. "Uh, so what's new with you?"

"Aside from the fact that I'm still waiting for the day Jungkook will end things with Yeri and magically fall in love with me... nothing much."

Jieun scratched her forehead in frustration. "What about Daniel, huh? It looks like he has a crush on you."

Jihyo rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. Daniel is my nightmare, Jieun—he annoys the hell out of me every chance he gets."

"You should give him a chance to prove you wrong. Maybe he's doing all of these things to get your attention."

It seemed that Jihyo had stopped paying attention sometime during the advice, and Jieun unconsciously turned her face to the direction her friend was staring at and sighed. Jungkook was talking to his friends just outside the classroom. She took a deep breath, aware that she had been putting off their conversation for too long.

"Jihyo, listen... I gotta talk to you about something. It's very, very important."

"What is it?" Jihyo frowned, worried. "It's about Jungkook?"

"Um," she wanted to say yes, but couldn't. "It's about me... and about some things I did."

Jihyo nodded, but suddenly her worried expression shifted to a pleased one. "Okay. But I guess we have to wait for a while."

"Why?"

She pointed to something behind, and Jieun turned. It was Jaehyun. He had a smile that could perfectly show his dimples.

"Morning," he greeted them.

"Oh my god, Jaehyun!" Jihyo pointed at his chin after noticing a very ugly bruise. "What happened here?"