𝟓𝟏.

𓆩⫯𓆪

𓆩⫯𓆪

Jieun was saved from hitting the ground thanks to Jungkook's quick reflexes. The sudden event surprised the students, causing everybody to rush over to see what had happened. Jungkook was just as bewildered as everyone else, and Taehyung was particularly concerned, looking to his friend for answers that he didn't have.

"Jieun?" Suzy called, trying to get a response from her. But Jieun remained unresponsive, causing Jungkook to panic.

"Suzy, what's wrong with her?!" he demanded.

"I'm not sure," she said, unable to provide any answers.

Jungkook didn't wait for an explanation, quickly picking the sleeping girl up in his arms and rushing out the door. The other students watched in silence as the group left, unsure of what to make of the situation. The teacher tried to calm everyone down, but Suzy and Taehyung knew they couldn't wait for news without more information.

They took Jieun to the nurse's office, where a nurse examined her. She asked if she had eaten anything that day, and Suzy explained that her friend hadn't been hungry since morning. The woman determined that her blood pressure had dropped, and she needed to stay there for a while.

"Can we stay until she wakes up?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm sorry, but just one person can stay here. So, two of you must go now," the nurse wrote something on her file, then disappeared.

"I think it's better if Suzy gets to be the one," suggested Taehyung looking at Jungkook.

"I think so too," she answered. "I'll take care of her, don't worry."

"Yeah..." Jungkook agreed, his arms crossed, eyes on Jieun on the bed.

"Call us if something happens, Suzy. Let us know when she wakes up."

Suzy nodded with a warm smile as both went out of the infirmary. Jungkook closed the door behind him and leaned on the wall while Taehyung did the same.

"I saw Jaehyun's bruises today," he muttered next to him, looking up to the ceiling. "I suppose you have something to do with that."

"I'll get blamed every time someone shows up with a bruised face?" Jungkook responded faintly.

"It was you or not?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "It was me."

Taehyung would have laughed if it wasn't tragic. His friend beating Jieun's new boyfriend meant their problems were only getting started. "You shouldn't have done that," he said quietly.

"He asked for," Jungkook shrugged. "It's not like I was picking up a fight."

"I know he did. I was there the last time you almost knocked him down... By the way he's acting lately, I figure that he wants something from you, and apparently, you're easily giving it to him."