chapter 3.

mingi's pov

my eyes fluttered open as the violent rays of the sun invaded my room, just conveniently positioning themselves over my face. i came to realize that yunho was still lying beside me, the sun inching closer to his rested face by the minute. i got up subtly in order to not wake the older, and quickly closed my curtains so he could sleep longer without disturbance. i walked back over to where the other male was sleeping and took a moment to admire his features. his features looked so soft and delicate. especially his lips— they perfectly fit on his face, almost like that of a puzzle. they were full enough to form the cutest natural pout while he was sleeping. after a few seconds, i scoffed and walked to take a seat at my desk.

mingi, you're so damn gay.

agreeing with my internal dialogue, i pulled out my sketchbook from my desk's drawer.

drawing had to have been one of my favorite hobbies. i had done it for as long as i could remember; yet, despite this, i saw no real improvement in my sketches. i'd always have fun drawing something, or someone, but the result was always the same— i would look back at it later and only be able to point out all the flaws on the paper, and what i could've done better.

putting these thoughts aside, i glanced over at yunho, who still seemed to be in a deep slumber; just conveniently turned to face me, giving me the perfect reference to put in my sketchbook. i smiled to myself as the pencil i held started to glide across the textured surface, slowly beginning to resemble the man who lay beside me.

this may be my only flawless drawing, ever.

__________

yunho eventually woke up about an hour after i started drawing him. i figured he'd probably find it creepy for me to be drawing him in his sleep, so i quickly closed my sketchbook, putting it back into the drawer of my desk.

before i could even offer to spend the day with the older, he insisted it was time for him to head home; and within a few minutes, he was gone.

i was honestly dejected at his decision, my hopes of spending time to get to know him ultimately being shattered. i knew it was stupid to be so upset over this, i'm sure yunho had things to do like everyone else— i guess i just really enjoy his presence.

after a while, i decided sulking wouldn't make me feel any brighter. i reached out for my phone on my desk, looking through all the notifications i had received from hongjoong and his friends.

i have got to stop leaving my phone on do not disturb.

i quickly read through my messages. about an hour ago, hongjoong had dm'd me, wondering if i wanted to go to the mall with him and the rest of his friends. i sighed deeply— i did kind of want to go, but my thoughts kept wandering back to yunho. what if he finds out about me going and gets sad? the last thing i wanted to see on his face was another frown.

i eventually figured that i was reading too much into the situation— so i replied to hongjoong, letting him know i'd be at the mall in about 20 minutes.

—————

yunho's pov

after i had realized i slept for a whole night in mingi's room, i had immediately dashed home. i gave mingi some random excuse as to why i was leaving; however, i was urgent to get home because i knew the reaction that would come from my mom and her boyfriend.