chapter 14.

"mingi, please stop chasing yeosang with the silly christmas decorations and help out in the kitchen!" yunho shouted across the house. it was currently christmas eve, and everyone was at mingi's house as planned. yunho, seonghwa, and wooyoung were preparing the big holiday meal, while hongjoong, yeosang, san, mingi, and jongho were each in their own world in the neighboring room.

"fine. you're safe for now yeo..." mingi smiled creepily before setting the old snowman decorations down and making his way over to the kitchen— mainly to look at his beautiful boyfriend and wait for him to yell at mingi for not helping.

he walked up behind the taller, embracing him in a warm backhug. mingi sat his chin on yunho's shoulder, peering over to see what he was making. "do you really need help? it looks like you're almost done with... this!"

"see, you don't even know what i'm cooking right now. maybe i should keep you out of here if you can't even recognize potatoes." yunho scoffed playfully, which was followed by a small giggle from mingi. he maintained a bright smile, placing a quick peck onto the latter's cheek before snuggling into the crook of his neck.

"fair point, are you guys almost done? i miss you, seonghwa and wooyoung have been hogging you in this kitchen all day," mingi exaggerated, squeezing his arms around yunho as a loving gesture. wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows, walking over to the couple and joining their hug.

"you see yunho every single day! he's our yunnie today."

"what? nuh uh. he's my yunnie every day. i don't make exceptions," mingi pouted, lightly bonking wooyoung's head with his hand.

"oh my god, you know what. yun is mine right now. if both of you get out of the kitchen and let us finish up, you can have him back faster!" seonghwa rushed the younger duo back out of the kitchen, threatening them by holding up the kitchen knife that was secured tightly in his grip. they both ran from him, screaming into the living room.

seonghwa sighed, returning to the fruit he was preparing for his cake. now that it was just him and yunho, he decided he would converse with him. he had a lot to say, mainly about the events from last week; but he didn't get to say any of it the day yunho came home. he felt it was more heartfelt to talk with him alone instead. "how have you been yunnie? i've been meaning to check up on you..." he spoke with a much softer tone than before, glancing over to yunho before returning his focus to preparing the cake.

"i've been great, hwa. honestly, i'm so happy right now; i actually don't think i could be any more content at the moment, is that wierd? i'm just so glad to have all of... everyone's support. especially mingi's, i have so much love in my heart for him that it hurts..." yunho gushed about his lover. seonghwa smiled fondly at yunho— he understood exactly what he was feeling. he felt the same about hongjoong, after all.

"i'm really happy for you, yun. you deserve good things like this, just like everyone else, but especially after everything you've been through. i'm so relieved that you have mingi by your side as well— we can all see how much he loves you. jongho says he's so in love with you that it's sickening, but i think we all know he's just jealous..." seonghwa whispered the last part of his response, making him and yunho break out into hushed laughter.

"thank you hwa. i know i've said it a million times, but i'm so happy to have you all by my side again— i feel so much more lively with everyone around and getting along. i've missed this so bad," yunho appointed his gaze to the elder, giving him a look to ensure that his words were nothing but genuine.

"of course yunnie. trust me, all of us feel the same; i know i do." seonghwa paused his speech before deciding to shift the topic with another inquiry that had been on his mind, "so... we all graduate in a few months... have you applied to any places yet? what are your plans?"