chapter 9.

yunho's pov

i was currently sat in my room, enjoying the silence in the air; the time was now 3:46 in the morning, so the other 2 people inside the house were fast asleep.

it had already been a few days since mingi and i had really confessed to each other— we had yet to decide what to do with our feelings, but i knew there was no need to rush it.

everything would surely figure itself out.

i had seen mingi normally since then during school hours, but i felt like a burden taking up any more of his time at his home— so i told him i'd be fine by myself for now, as my parents didn't plan to be home often for the rest of this week.

i felt guilty for lying to him, as i knew they would still be home like normal; but so far it was alright. i survived the first four days receiving only a few injuries and hurtful comments, so it was nothing i wasn't used to.

it was now saturday, and i was isolated on the floor of my room, gazing up at the stars; i could see clearly through my window since it was so dark.

the time inched closer to 4 am, and there still was not a drop of tiredness to sweep over my body.

isn't it so ironic how i can only get proper sleep in mingi's arms?

my eyes wandered over to mingi's window. it would only be a few hours until the other would be awake, as he told me he was going to hongjoong's early in the morning.

i was too.

when mingi informed me that hongjoong wanted me to tag along, was incredibly skeptical. apparently, the entire group had things to say to me and wanted to do so in person.

"if anything goes wrong at any time, we can leave yuyu. but i genuinely think they have good intentions from what i've been told. give it a chance yun, hm?"

i loved how considerate mingi was— no one had ever treated me the way mingi did. it didn't take long for me to nod at his words without much thought, but that decision was certainly taking a toll on me now.

i couldn't help but wonder what hongjoong and the rest of my old friends had to say to me. especially seonghwa.

what if i go there and they just remind me of all the horrible things i've done? like all of the times isolated and ignored them when all they tried to do was care about me. or what about what happened with seonghwa?

my eyes dulled as i remembered that day, it was almost as if i could see the scene playing out right in front of me; just like that of a movie.

seonghwa and i were in his room; he was pacing around, rambling on about hongjoong, and something about a date the younger had invited him to— i don't know. the last few weeks with my mother and her boyfriend had only caused my mood swings to become more frequent; the neglect and physical pain had started to happen more intensely and frequently, making it incredibly hard for me to stay in a healthy mindset. i only noticed how bad my mental state had gotten recently; contemplating consuming the entire bottle of prescribed anxiety pills that resided in my cabinet definitely wasn't supposed to be a recurring urge that coursed through my brain.

as anyone could assume given that information, i wasn't in the best spot to give seonghwa the support and encouragement he needed to pursue his crush on the other, at this point, i was beginning to zone out from our conversation— everything around me started to fuel my anger; the tapping of seonghwa's feet across the floor, the faint sounds of distant voices in the latter's home, the way my breathing sounded to my ears, and even the now uncomprehensible words that spilled from seonghwa's mouth.