chapter 13.

it was 5:30 in the morning when yunho finally woke up from his slumber.

as expected, he had awoken in a hospital room, but he didn't mind at all— he could feel the extra weight on the bed from where mingi was resting his head beside the older.

he stayed for me, yunho noted, smiling at the thought. he gently brushed his hands through the other's locks, trying not to wake him in the process.

they stayed like that for a while as yunho trailed off into his thoughts. he thought about how grateful he was for mingi. yunho knew that he loved that man with the entirety of his heart, and nothing could ever possibly reverse that.

how beautiful it was; to love someone, yunho pondered, staring out the window to his right he watched the sun begin to rise, orange slowly blending in with the dark blue colors of the night, he spotted his phone on the table beside him, using that to check the time as the wall-mounted analog clock was too far for his eyes to read.

the big bright letters on his phone screen read 6:24, meaning he had already been awake for 1 hour. had it really been that long already?

the taller soon realized it was only friday; mingi still had classes today. he was sleeping so peacefully— it hurt yunho to disturb his sleep, but he didn't want to hold back mingi from school.

"mingi, wake up, yunho shook his arm, "it isn't good for you to sleep in that position."

he began to stir awake from his sleep, sitting up slowly and stretching like a cat. mingi's eyes widened when he finally realized that yunho had woken him up, which meant that yunho was obviously awake as well. "yunnie! when did you wake up? do you feel alright? do you need me to get you anything?" the younger spoke fast, still exuding sleepiness in his speech.

"slow down min," yunho chuckled, resting his hand on mingi's arm, signalling for him to sit back down. "i feel alright, my body's still aching, but it's nothing i can't handle. i woke up a little over 2 hours ago— but i woke you up because it's 6:30. you should leave and get ready for school, i'll be fine by m-"

"no." mingi immediately cut off yunho's words, blatantly refusing his suggestion.

"i'm not going today because i will not leave you alone in a hospital for 10 hours. you'd get lonely yuyu," he frowned, side-hugging yunho and squishing his face into the other's. "plus this is the most perfect day to spend the day with you; there's no way you think i was gonna pass up on that opportunity, yun." the younger shifted slightly to press his lips against yunho's cheek, resting a heartwarming peck onto his skin. he blushed, leaning into mingi's warmth, but not forgetting to return the favor by leaving a quick kiss to linger on the other's lips.

it wasn't too long after that when a doctor finally paid a visit to yunho's room. mingi and yunho had spent the rest of their wait watching the sunrise. it was currently 7:38 am, and both of them could admit they spent more time looking at each other than the actual sky. it was golden hour, so no one could blame them. the sunlight hit every correct angle on the two lover's faces; the yellow pigment perfectly highlighted their skin tones, giving them a glowing aura in each other's eyes.

not even a camera could capture such a beautiful scene.

"hello mr. jeong yunho; i'm dr. kim. i see you're up now; are you feeling alright? have you experienced any nausea, extreme headaches, or vomiting since you've been awake?" yunho's doctor inquired after making his presence known within the room. yunho quickly turned away from the window, redirecting his attention over to the latter. "no, i haven't. i have a slight headache and some body aches, but i haven't experienced anything more than that."