chapter 12.

mingi's pov

it had been one month since the day yunho reunited with his old friends.

he seemed so much happier than usual; like the stars in his eyes were restored and glowing again. seeing him so seemingly careless made me feel relaxed— even if he was still struggling a little, i knew he'd truly be surrounded by love and support from now on.

it was currently thursday; 2 more days before our winter break began. it was bittersweet for me— i'd finally be able to take my mind off of assignments and exams for the next few weeks, but i knew i'd be worried sick about yunho being home for so long. i knew it wasn't realistic for him to spend the entire break with me or the rest of our friends. although i'd love for him to do that, i knew how his mind worked— he'd feel bad.

i could only hope nothing bad would happen to him when i'm not there.

"mingi? why are you so zoned out?" yunho asks worriedly, placing a comforting hand on my thigh.

"yeah., we've been here for about 15 minutes, you haven't spoken a word or touched your food," yeosang spoke softly as he examined my untouched lunch.

"i'm alright, just got lost in thought— i couldn't get much sleep last night." i hoped they would just accept that answer. it wasn't a lie, but it certainly wasn't the whole truth.

"you know what, same seonghwa and i-"

"hongjoong if you finish that sentence i'm putting you in the blender." jongho threatened him playfully, and that was enough to make me laugh and forget about my worries for the time being.

our lunch break was bound to end in about 5 minutes, so everyone was eating the last of their meals, and those who were already done carried our conversation.

"so," san began with a grin, "what are you guys' plans for the holidays?"

i noticed how hongjoong's eyes saddened before he began to respond. "my parents are coming home, so i can't have our mini christmas party this year. i love my parents but i'm pissed," he raised his tone slightly towards the end of his sentence.

i smiled as i thought about proposing an idea— my mother wouldn't be home for the holidays, but my house wasn't nearly as large as hongjoong's; but i didn't really care, if i had an opportunity to see yunho (and our friends of course) i was going to take it.

"well, i'll be home alone nearly the whole break, my mom left for a business trip today and won't be back until after new years day..." i paused to look up at everyone's faces before continuing, "you guys can over to mine if you'd like, only if yunnie agrees though!" i giggled as i glanced into the taller's direction as i heard the rest of them scoff around me. nevertheless, they all agreed on it.

"alright. fine. now let's go to class! it's our last one for the day min! bye guys," yunho groaned playfully as he began to get up from our table. i waved to the group of boys before standing up and heading out of the cafeteria with yunho; hand in hand.

yunho's pov

mingi and i had just bid each other goodbye for the day— it was now friday, and we had just spent the last 30 minutes walking to our homes from school. i knew i would see him again tomorrow, but i couldn't help but dread the time we'd spend apart during the upcoming winter break.

partly because it meant i'd be dealing with juwon and my mother at home.

but mostly because i'd be missing mingi for every second that he isn't in my presence.

i could sense his worry the entire duration of our walk home; i felt horrible that after the busy week we both had, he now had me to worry about.

you're an asshole for making him put up with you, yunho.