Chapter one

Abbie
I wake up thinking the same thing I do everyday, why it was her and not me. Why did I have to endure such insufferable pain? Why did I have to live with this burden, it was my fault she died. My best friend, My other half. My twin sister. I've been told to accept it, to think about the memories we did make rather than the ones we lost out on. I've been told I'm the lucky one. I am barely floating in a pool of my own grief and pain. I'm just about surviving, and I can accept that. I refuse to accept that she's gone. My alarm sets off, 7:30 for my first day back at school after the crash. To say I'm nervous would be a severe understatement, I'm downright terrified.
All my friends were friends of Adeline, they let me stay because they loved her and we came as a package. But now? They have no reason to still like me. I get out of my bed slowly, my room spinning and get ready. The green skirt and Starring School Crest. I definitely didn't miss this. I put my hair up In a ponytail in the middle of my head, some loose pieces falling in my face as I go to look in the mirror. I don't recognise myself anymore, the ashy blonde of my hair has turned more yellow and my green eyes look dim. Like every single piece of life has been sucked out of them. I grab my bag and walk downstairs, looking around for any sign of life. Nothing. My parents have avoided me ever since Addys death, I get it slightly. We look similar, I know it's difficult for them but I have been through every single part of the grieving process alone. Loneliness seems to have become a burden I've made home with. I grab my headphones and play Fade into you by Mazzy star, This song is my anthem. And I walk to the hell known as public education. I immediately regret not wearing a coat during this October weather, the skies are bright today. Clear blue skies. I decided she did that for me. I walk fast, the song running through my veins until I hit something and fall onto the ground. Just my luck.

'Are you alright?' A deep voice says taking me out of my day dream. I look up to see a face I vaguely recognise, I just cant remember his name. He points out a hand for me to grab which i do and he pulls me up which allows me to see his actual height, Id guess he was 6 foot 2 inches.
"Please watch where you're going next time" I say, giving him a slightly fake smile that causes him to laugh.
"Your the one who walked into me"
"That means you were in my way"
'Your trouble aren't you?' he says with a smirk that made me feel something I hadn't felt in a while.
'Goodbye...'
'Seb'
'Goodbye Seb' I say, rushing forward to act as if I'm unaware he has the same Starring School crest and bright purple blazer. I assume he's in my year, but if he was he'd be aware of...the incident, and he didn't mention anything. Maybe people aren't as mean as I think they are, or maybe they have just forgotten I existed

Sebastian
No one has seen her for five months. Abigail Lancing. The girl who's lost everything. Other people's problems usually don't bother me, I have my friends. I mind my business. But light green eyes have been imprinted in my head ever since I saw her, I've never seen someone look like that since my mother. Since she died. Looking at her did something to me, something that cant be changed. I wanted to involve myself in every corner of this girl's life and I have only had one 5 second conversation with her where she didn't seem like she wanted to speak to me at all. I walked into the building shortly after she did, and went towards my friends. Matt and Ri. I've known Rihanna my whole life, our parents were friends and when they died no one was there for me like she was. She's my sister. Matt, Although a definitely confusing personality, never fails to have my back and look for as he says 'the bright side of things'.

"Sebastian, how are you today my kind sir?" he says, whilst Ri puts her head in her hands out of embarrassment.
'Why are you in such a good mood?' I say as he slaps my shoulders.
'I got put in Ri's English' he says, a scary grin on his face. Although polar opposites in every way- Ri having purple hair and dressing like a emo fairy, Matt looking like a highschool Jock- There's always been something between them. Ri constantly denies it and Matt constantly accepts it.
'Have you guys seen Abigail? Lancing?' I say, needing to speak to her. Even though it goes against my better judgment.
'The beautiful blonde girl with the dead sister?' Matt says, causing me to cringe.
"Don't be so fucking insensitive and sorry Seb, I have not" Ri says causing Matt to look at her with guilt.
'Sorry beautiful' he says, causing her to blush slightly.

I say goodbye and then walk to my lesson and there she is, Blonde hair, pained green eyes. All of it. I walk up to her as she's putting books in her locker, DON'T DO THIS. STOP IT! The better part of me is saying as I speak.

"Abigail Lancing" I say and she looks at me, really looks at me.
"How do you know my name?"
"Everyone knows your name" I say, forgetting about the true meaning of it. The girl who killed her sister. Bullshit.
"Sorry" I'm quick to say and she brings her eyes to me again, Jesus.
"If this was about me bumping into you earlier i'm sorry I-"
"This isn't about that" A hint of surprise flickers over the pain in her eyes.
"Oh" Her hands reach her neck and start fiddling with a necklace.
"Can I walk you home? And I can speak with you then?"
"If i've done anything wrong i'm-"
"You haven't, Just say yes"
"Fine, Yes" I smile and she doesn't.
'See you then' I say, winking and going to my lesson.

authors note:
hi!! i'm so sorry if this is bad but i wrote this story last year just for fun and i want so share it, if u have read up to here. thank you <3.

wc: 1114 💗