Chapter Seven

Sebastian
I was so close. If the better part of me didn't pull away from her then I would've kissed her. I would've done more. She doesn't need a boyfriend right now, she needs a friend and that's what I need to be. We sit through Little women, whenever I turn to look at Abbie (which is more than it should be) she had her complete attention on the movie, I even saw a tear leave her eye when Beth died. When it ends she turns to me and smiles,
"Did you like it?" She asks, I nod. Her attention moves to her phone when it lights up, she picks it up off the table in-front of her and her face goes dead.
"Oh my god" She says quietly before she looks up at me,  tears filling her eyes. Panic surges through me as i move to sit next to her,
"Whats happened?" I say and she just starts crying, sobs taking over her little body and by instinct I pull her over to hug me, her legs straddle my body and her head lays on my chest. She's breaking. And all i can think about is her legs around my waist.
"Sunflower?" I say quietly in her ear. She's still crying.
"I-my mom-I'm sorry i should go" She starts to move off me as i grab her waist, not letting her go.
"Stay" I say as she looks at me, and silently she buries her head in my chest again.

10 minutes go by of us just sitting there before she crawls off of me,
"Do you want to talk about it?" I say and she doesn't shake her head. She just looks at me.
"My mom texted me a photo of me and Adeline when we were younger, i haven't looked at anything like that since it happened" And i bet her mother knows that too. Yesterday, The look on her mothers face after she saw her told me all I needed to know. All she saw when she looked at Abbie was her sister, and I knew that feeling all too well.
"Does she know you haven't seen anything like that?" I ask. She nods.
"You don't deserve that" I say, She shrugs her shoulders and stands up ready to leave,
"Your leaving?" I ask as she walks towards the door.
"I have homework, i'll see you at school?" I nod and she leaves. Just like that. Two days, I have known this girl two days and she's made a mark on me that cannot be undone. My house now feels so empty, living alone has done that to me. Without the distraction of my friends, Abbie, All i am left with is my thoughts. Currently, the only thing i'm thinking about is Abbie, and how much I want her. In every fucking way.

Abbie
Embarrassment. That is the only word I can use to describe how i'm feeling whilst walking home. Not only did I cry in-front of him, I sat on his lap and cried IN HIS ARMS??! In the moment, it felt like the right thing to do but now thinking about it I should've just gone home. His words replay in my mind, 'Stay'. I've never known what it's like to feel wanted until today, and it's a feeling i can't get enough of. I open the door to my house, and as it's a Sunday I know my parents are home. Anxiety puddles through me, I don't want to ruin today. Anymore than I already have, I run upstairs avoiding them at all costs until I hear my dads voice.
"Abigail" He says, and i stop. It feels like my heart stops too.
"Hi, dad" I say, trying my best to not turn around so i can't see the look on his face when he realises how much i looked like her.
"Im not your mother, Abbie. Come here" I'm not your mother, he says. So why did you abandon me like her? I retreat my steps down the stairs and walk into the kitchen where he sits on a chair facing the counter. Whiskey in hand. He can only speak to me when he's shitfaced.
"Where were you?" He says, taking another sip from his drink.
"With some friends" I reply, touching the necklace Adeline bought me once again.
"What friends?"
"Some new ones" The sudden interest he has in my life confuses me,
"Wheres mom?" I ask and he laughs.
"Who knows?" He says, drinking again.
"What?" I ask, confusion and worry surging through me. She may not be nice to me, but she is my mother.
"Well, she sent you that photo. Than she left the house crying and hasn't come back" My fault again.
"Have you rung her?" I ask and he shakes his head,
"She's probably visiting Adeline" I swallow the emotion that the sentence provokes in me and i nod, turning away.
"Goodnight, dad" I say walking up the stairs, I reach the top when i hear.
"Night, Addy" I take a deep breath and walk to my bedroom. Nothing is going to change.

authors note: I HATE HER PARENTS

WC: 6495💓