016

The next day was peaceful, something that rarely happened considering there was something always going on. Y/N was on the couch watching TV, some random sitcom which to her wasn't funny at all. Taiju came down the steps and approached her from behind, placing a hand on her shoulder. "We have to go, now." He spoke up in a serious tone, which worried her.

"Manjiro's out of control. Hanagaki called and said they needed help because of Mikey's switched demeanor. He almost killed Chifuyu." Y/N nodded, getting up from the couch. She slipped on a jacket, and put on her shoes. When she was done, they immediately drove to the Musashi shrine where Takemichi had said it took place.

Taiju got out of the car and the first sight he saw, was Mikey sitting on the steps with his hands running frustratingly through his hair. Takemichi stood worried. Y/N followed after, passing Taiju, and standing infront of Mikey. She knelt down and asked what was the issue.

"Get away from me, I need to be alone." He mumbled, his voice slightly cracking. Y/N placed a finger on his chin, lifting his head up. She saw his empty eyes, void of any emotion and feeling. He whipped his head away, avoiding eye contact.

"Where's Chifuyu and everyone else?"
Y/N asked Takemichi who shrugged.
"I don't know about everyone else, but Chifuyu was sent home." He replied sadly, musing through his hair. "I'm sorry." He quickly apologized, but Y/N shook her head.
"There's no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." Takemichi nodded as he rubbed his shoulder awkwardly.

"Space, please?" Y/N asked calmly, yet Takemichi and Taiju looked at her with disbelief. "Are you crazy, he could hurt you?" Taiju spoke concern, but she ignored him. "Trust me, Taiju." He nodded hesitantly before dragging Takemichi elsewhere, her and Mikey alone.

He still had his head tilted down, his blonde locks masking his broken face. "Manjiro, can you please tell me what's wrong? You're safe, I won't judge or criticize you, I'm only here to aid and listen." She calmly said, crossing her legs. He remained quiet, then something dropped from his hands. He didn't seem to notice, so she picked up carefully, examining what was on it.

It was a picture of Draken and Mikey.

She examined the picture with worried eyes, beginning to speak. "You dropped this photo, with Draken." Immediately he picked his head up, glaring at her with unfathomable rage. His hand reached out to grab her, and she dropped the photo from shock. "Don't say his fucking name." He said through gritted teeth, letting me go as he snatched the photo up. Y/N touched the spot he held, slightly triggered.

"Mikey," She whispered in a guilty tone, her features shifting to a remorseful expression. "I know you miss him, I understand." She said, to which he raised his head once more, the same expression on his face.

"Shut the fuck up, you don't understand anything, you don't understand how I feel!" He yelled at her, his hands balling into fists as tears streamed from his null eyes. Y/N immediately hugged him, rubbing his back and soothing him from the pain he had buried deep into his soul. "I know what it feels like to lose someone, I know the pain you feel, especially when it's someone you'd give the world to." She said through calm breaths, the blonde crying on her shoulder.

"Y-Y/N, I thought I could do it. I thought I could live without Ken-chin, but it's so hard!" He said through cracked whispers, hugging her tighter. "I feel so empty, I don't feel how I used to." She pitied him. All this time, they thought he was ok, but he was breaking from the inside out.

Putting on a mask to conceal what's real, she felt the greatest pain in her soul. "What do I do? I just want to die Y/N, me and Ken-chin will finally be able to talk, and..." More tears fell, and she patted his back.

"Mikey, it's not ok to bury how you feel. You've been harboring all of these pent up emotions, for some time. You'll truly shatter if you keep this up," He pulled away, wiping harshly at his tear-stricken face.  "I've already shattered, Y/N. The darkness within my soul, every day it wants to escape an consume, I've given up." He admitted with a tired voice.

"Stop this, Manjiro! This is not what Draken would've wanted! Giving up is not like you, you're Tomans leader, one of the best gangs in Japan that will remain undefeated! You're excellent, holding on for this long, so why give up now?!" She took a breath as she stood up and dusted herself off.

"You wanna know what Draken would've done to you right now? He would've scolded, and probably would've slapped the shit out of you. We're your friends Mikey, we're never going to abandon you, and we'll be with you even in your darkest moments. Toman loves you Manjiro, you think we're going to let you spiral into darkness and let you lose yourself? I know damn well I can't beat you, but I'd train every single day to whoop your ass if you ever think about leaving us!"

Mikey swallowed a breath and stood to his feet. He stumbled towards me and hugged me, his short figure, exerting a strong force as he hugged me. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, pulling away. "You're fine Manjiro, now give me a smile," He looked up at me and smiled, then I hugged him again. "Are you 100% positive that you're ok? Cause if you're lying–"

"I feel great, Y/N." He smiled. "I miss Draken, but he'll forever be with me. I won't lose myself as long as I have all of you with me." I nodded with a smile. I had then found Takemichi and Taiju, who Takemichi looked scared out of his mind. Crossing my arms, I cleared my throat and they both looked in my direction.

"What have you done?" I looked at Taiju who shrugged nonchalantly. "Telling a story." He grinned, but I rolled my eyes. "Mikey's fine now, let's go." They followed behind, and we were met with Mikey eating Dorayaki. "Mikey?" Takemichi asked worriedly. Mikey looked up with a smile. "Hm?" He asked, his mouth full of Dorayaki. "Are you–"

"I'm great Takemichi, thank you for being a friend!"