For a Tomorrow Without Tears (Part I)

Prologue: Act II Part I

It was yet another day in the enchanting city of Mondstadt, where you and your companions roamed its cobbled streets, striving to acquaint yourselves with every nook and cranny. The entire vista was an awe-inspiring tableau.

As you strolled along the cobblestone streets, Paimon interjected, "Hey, isn't that Jean?"

Both you and Aether turned your gaze in the direction of Paimon's observation, spotting Jean with her iconic blonde hair elegantly fastened in a ponytail by a black ribbon, clad in her distinguished knight's attire. In front of her stood an enigmatic woman sporting a similar hairstyle, albeit with a subdued hue and a mysterious dark grey mask shrouding her identity. Her attire consisted of a black coat that gracefully extended just above her knees, adorned with regal purple accents. This distinct design language also extended to her gloves and boots, veiling her form from prying eyes.

Paimon proposed, "Seems she's talking to someone... Let's finish, then go say hi?" You and Aether concurred, discreetly eavesdropping on their exchange.

"... Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defence of Mondstadt to the Fatui." The enigmatic figure suggested, her tone carrying an undertone of malevolence.

"We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster to the—"

"Monster?" Jean interjected, her disbelief evident.

"Yes. What's your point?"

Jean's arms folded, reflecting a blend of disappointment and shock, "Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to 'put an end' to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius!"

The figure only emitted a bemused chuckle, "Heh... Hehehe... It's not crazy as you make it sound. Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... An amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... Thorough notes..."

With that, the person withdrew, allowing you three to approach the Acting Grand Master. She greeted you with a look of relief, "Oh, you three, you're back. Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment. However, the pressure front the delegation has become too big to be ignored..."

"Delegation?" Paimon inquired, "From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

"Snezhnaya. They choose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?"

"Oh, them. They are super famous! Wait, infamous is more the word." Paimon quipped.

"I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action. The Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interest at heart."

"Speaking of power..." Aether began.

"What is it?" Jean inquired with curiosity.

"There's something we need to show the Knights of Favonius." You concluded cryptically.

"Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then. We shouldn't discuss important matters... Out in the open."