Song of the Dragon and Freedom (Part II)

Prologue: Act II Part II

"You guys are back!" Amber's excitement radiated as she embraced the three of you, "The Honorary Knights return triumphant!"

Paimon nodded, "Yup, we're back from tussling with Dvalin!"

"You just returned yesterday, right? Jean got back first, and she told us all about your heroic deeds." Amber sighed, arms crossed, looking down, "I wonder if I'll ever get an opportunity like that..."

"Don't say that." You interjected as she looked up at you, puzzled, "Huh?"

"You have done so much for Mondstadt than you realized. If it weren't for you providing us with a warm welcome despite us being unknown travellers, we would have been turned away by the guards the second they saw us. Worst case scenario, we would've been accused of being part of the Abyss Order's plan. You may see it as a duty of an outrider but your actions deserve to be praised and recognized. For that, we would like to thank you." You then grabbed Amber's hands into your own, "I would like to thank you."

Amber looked up at you, a blush delicately adorning her cheeks. Your countenance bore a captivating smile, imbued with benevolence and assurance. Acting on an impulse, she pressed a fleeting kiss upon your cheek, withdrawing just as swiftly.

Your eyes widened, and your breath caught at her unexpected gesture, "Thank you..." she murmured, her arm gently rubbing in bashful self-consciousness.

"Well, I better finish up my work here. Would you... Like to go get some Sticky Honey Roast later that I promised a while back?" She inquired with a shy charm, an endearing quality you found delightful.

Before you could respond, Paimon interjected, "Yes! You bet! You may have forgotten till just now, but it's been on Paimon's mind this whole time!"

Amber pouted internally because she only asked you but there was no need to be selfish. Your companions have made contributions to, "Awesome, wait for me at Good Hunter. I'll be right there."

As you and your companions strolled away, Aether appeared unusually reticent, "Aether, are you alright? You seem very quiet." You inquired, prompting him to meet your gaze before seizing your shoulders., "H-Huh?"

"Why do you have to do this to me? Sometimes you're just too much that my heart can't take it." He muttered under his breath, "What do you mean?" You queried, tilting your head in curiosity. Aether felt as though an arrow pierced his heart, setting it ablaze within his ribcage.

"There it is again! Stop doing that!" Aether exclaimed, his face burning with a deep crimson hue.

"Stop doing what?!"

Growing increasingly exasperated with your banter, Paimon seized both of you by the hair, steering you towards Good Hunter, where Sara awaited your order, "Greeting, may I take your order?"

"Why so cold? I've always thought that we enjoy quite the intimate friendship." The familiar voice caught your attention, and you turned to see none other than the Cavalry Captain himself.

"Ah, the handsome Mr. Kaeya." You quipped, causing Aether to flinch.

"Ah, so you do feel something for me. And people say my charm is fake." Kaeya remarked with a hint of relief, "To bask in the presence of Mondstadt's new big heroes is quite the morale boost. And that's coming from a knight."