For a Tomorrow Without Tears (Part II)

Prologue: Act II Part II

"Master Diluc, this is this week's accounts." Charles, the venerable bartender of Angel's Share, a tavern of both repute and refuge, respectfully announced as he presented the meticulously organized financial records for the current week. The man who received the documents was none other than Diluc himself, a figure known far and wide for his distinctive fiery-red hair, artfully tied into a low ponytail. His attire was equally striking, a dark suit embellished with intricate patterns, complemented by a pair of obsidian gloves that adorned his hands.

Diluc's discerning, deep crimson eyes lingered on the records, his contemplative gaze masked by an air of solemnity as he uttered, "Hmm... The disaster has greatly affected business.."

"Well, let's hope it all ends soon."

In a sudden and rather unanticipated fashion, the four of you made a dynamic entrance into the establishment. The abruptness of your arrival was sufficient to draw the attention of the two already engrossed gentlemen, "Hi, we'd like a seat at your ah... least conspicuous table!" Venti said urgently, "Umm... The second floor has fewer customers, you'd be less conspicuous up there." Diluc, intrigued by your group's peculiar request, raised an inquisitive eyebrow and obligingly offered, "But aren't you a bard? Why not sit front and centre?"

Venti laughed nervously, responding, "Hahaha, let's save the paid performance for next time. We'll be heading up now, see you in a bit!" With a firm grip on your arm, he initiated your ascent, closely followed by Aether and the ever-curious Paimon.

"Hey, keep an eye on them. There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around." Diluc ordered Charles, "Ask who exactly?" Charles inquired, baffled by the mysterious circumstances.

"The 'Protectors' of Mondstadt."

You and your companions reached the second floor, your collective gaze curiously surveying the surroundings from the railing. Just as you settled in, two vigilant guards entered, one of them addressing Diluc, "Ah, Master Diluc! Have you seen three thieves around?"

Diluc regarded them with a quizzical expression, inquiring, "What happened? Why have you mobilized so many guards?"

"Haven't you heard, Master Diluc? Three thieves were trying to steal the Holy Lyre!"

"Oh? How odd." The man, who you assumed was Master Diluc, said half-heartedly.

"Isn't it? The Holy Lyre is a treasure that was played by the God of Anemo themselves. Such a precious piece of cultural heritage!"

"Why would one want to steal something they can't sell off? Would pay better to steal from my cellars..." The man muttered, as if addressing his own thoughts, "Huh?"

"Sorry, off topic. Believe they headed that way." He said pointing over to the exit, "Understood. Thank you, Master Diluc!"

You couldn't help but stifle your laughter, finding it rather amusing just how oblivious the Knights had been. Their hasty salute and swift exit left you shaking your head at their naivety. As soon as they were out of sight, the four of you descended back to the first floor to rejoin the red-haired man.

"Today I think I'll have a glass of..." Venti began.

"You can put down that bottle you stole from behind the counter." Diluc interrupted.

"... Something cold."

"Right. I want answers." He demanded, his tone laced with a sense of authority.

"Let me finish my drink first? I'll pay you - well, with a performance." Venti attempted to negotiate, as if this weren't his first encounter with such a situation.