Chivalric Training

Hangout: Act I

"Is that.. the Honorary Knight? Hello!"

A gentle yet mature voice called out. You raised your head, turning around to examine your surroundings, wondering where the source of the voice came from. You squinted your eyes, spotting an individual in the distance who was near the bridge to the city of Mondstadt, seemingly waving at you to gain your attention. You walk over to the person. Upon walking closer, the person became more visible to see a girl, much more shorter than you. She presents a distinctive appearance with short, lilac hair elegantly flowing with the wind, complemented by light green eyes. Her outfit seamlessly blends maid aesthetics with knightly elements, featuring a uniform adorned with metal details. This combination gives her a unique and charming presence, embodying both grace and strength.

The girl bowed deeply, "I finally get to meet you, Honorary Knight. I'm Noelle, a maid of the Knights of Favonius."

"O-Oh no, no need to bow. However, the Knights of Favonius have... maids?"

Noelle gripped her hands together tightly, looking away sheepishly, "Ah - apologies... I've yet to officially join the Knights." She then looked back up at you, "As a maid, and in order to be worthy of this armor, I'm currently undergoing the Knights of Favonius Chivalric Training."

"Chivalric Training?" You echoed.

She nodded, "Yes... I haven't passed the selection trials yet, but l've been asking senfor knights for advice on how to become a true Knight of Favonius. I asked Amber how to make a Baron Bunny, and Kaeya's been keeping me busy with various small tasks." Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as she continued talking, "I even asked the Spark Knight to pass on her experiences, although... Master Jean grounded us shortly after..."

"You seem to be... working hard..."

"Actually... I have always wanted to receive guidance from the Honorary Knight." She stammered, "I-I was worried that it might be too... presumptuous to ask..." She gripped her dress with the fabric seeping in between her gloved fingers, "I've seen you on the streets of Mondstadt occasionally but I've always been too busy to disturb you. I just finished today's cleaning for the Knights and was about to start my training when I saw you!" She then looked away with a shy smile, "I... If it's not too much trouble... could I ask you for some guidance on my Chivalric Training?"

You smiled at her, "Of course, where do you want to start?"

Noelle's eyes widen as if she wasn't anticipating you to agree. Her eyes sparkled as excitement etched across her face, "I-I'd like to get your opinion on something, as a senior knight! I've been keeping up with my maidly duties and knightly exercises. But training progress has been a little slow..."

"Maidly duties and knightly exercises?" You verbalised.

"Y'know, just basic strength and endurance training..." She began to list off with her fingers, "100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats... And running two laps around Mondstadt as a morning routine."

You blinked. Jaw dropped to the ground. Noelle didn't seem to notice your baffled expression.

"I'm actually incredibly busy every day. It's just that... I always feel like something's missing."

"What you lack is rest." You stated.

Her eyes widen at your words, "Rest? But..." She sighed in exasperation, "I've still got so much work to do. Besides... I'm still not skilled enough. Any free time that I get should be spent training. If I want to become a real knight soon, I have to continue to put in more effort than the others."