Song of the Dragon and Freedom (Part I)

Prologue: Act II Part I

Diluc received intelligence from his contacts. The assembly reconvened at the entrance of Dawn Winery, "The Abyss Order... Enemies of the human race." Diluc commenced, "Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues."

Venti regarded the red-haired individual with admiration, "Really? That quickly? You really are well connected, Master Diluc."

"Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos - why exactly do you need the help of mere humans...?" Paimon inquired with a skeptical glint.

"Ah... How do I put it..." Venti started, "The Seven as people now know them, were once known as The Seven Archons. Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing their duty can we attain power, but I don't like the idea of 'ruling' Mondstadt - I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either."

"Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule." Jean quoted, "We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt."

"Jean... You're such a devotee!" Paimon gushes before looking at the bard with a blank stare, "Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care."

"Uh... However it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time." Venti admitted, a hint of distress in his demeanor, "Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven."

"Venti..." You interjected, capturing everyone's attention, "No matter the strength one has, a god shouldn't need its followers to kneel before them to display power. If anything, showing compassion and devotion for one's nation in order for it to grow and prosper is what demonstrates how Mondstadt's love for you maintains. That's something I really appreciate and love about you." You ended. You didn't even realise you were hugging the bard, "W-Wow... I'm u-uh flattered, hehe." Venti stuttered out with a blush blooming on his features. Your words truly touched his heart and maybe pulled some strings in the process.

"Wow... Are you going to give everyone a sentimental speech and make them fall for you?" Paimon teased, making you turn to her in bewilderment, "Hey, what are you talking about? I meant what I said!"

"Oh, such a humble god... Is it a blessing, or a curse?" Diluc mused, "But we digress. Let's get back to the topic at hand: the common enemy of all mankind. We have tracked the Abyss Mage to the vicinity of the winery."

Jean put her hand to her chest, "I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape."

"Then let's not waste any more time," Aether declared, and the group proceeded to the designated area.

Upon arrival, an Abyss Mage charged towards the group. After the skirmish, Venti's eyes squinted over its body, "Huh? What's this...?"

"Venti? What is it?" You queried as you walked up to his side, "After the Abyss Mage was defeated, a certain energy dispersed from its body. It seems that energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin." Venti explained, glancing at you, Aether, and Paimon, "Do you guys know of Stormterror's Lair?"

"Stormterror's Lair?" You uttered in thought.

"It sounds familiar, I think I heard people talking about it in Mondstadt." Aether said.