What Did You Do

Ace watched from the window for the police and paramedics. When he saw them pull up, Brian, Ace, and Andre stood around Alex, Brian with his knife in his hand, and guarded him while Luke slipped out the back to stash the gun back under the van seat. He came back inside just behind the paramedics. The four of them explained to the police what they knew while Steve tried to convince Eddie to let the paramedics examine him. But Eddie wouldn't let go of him. No matter how much Steve coaxed, he clung to Steve and wouldn't let them touch him.

The police handcuffed Alex then marched him over to the bed where Eddie, Steve, and the paramedics were. Eddie didn't have a lot of answers to give. He didn't remember much of anything after arriving at the bar the night before, until he woke up tied to the bed. He wouldn't look at them, kept his face buried against Steve, as he described what Alex had said and done once he woke up. Alex just laughed, claimed it was consensual, and Eddie was only complaining now because he'd been caught cheating by his boyfriend. Steve barely contained his rage, and if Eddie didn't need him so desperately right then, he would have grabbed Alex and beat him to death with his bare hands, right in front of the police.

"Eddie, you love me," Alex said. "You told me last night that you love me and you want to be mine."

"I never said that," Eddie protested, then looked up at Steve pleadingly. "Steve, you have to believe me. I never would have said that to him. Never. I don't love him. I love you."

"Shh, baby," Steve soothed. He cupped the back of Eddie's head and pulled him against his chest, stroking his hair softly. "I know you didn't."

"Tell them about last time," Andre said. "And harassing him in Texas."

Between Steve, Eddie, and Luke, they gave the police all of the history between Eddie and Alex, how he'd raped him before. Eddie talked about how Alex had stalked him for the last week or more. He told them about the note, his flat tires, the gifts, being followed. Steve tensed as he held Eddie. So, he had stalked Eddie. He wanted to stand up and break his neck, but that was too good for him. He held Eddie tighter and silently swore he'd never let him go again.

"This is bullshit," Alex groaned. "I didn't rape him. Not this morning. Not last night. Not two years ago."

"You admitted it," Eddie shouted as he finally looked up at Alex. "When you came to my show and apologized." Steve tensed. He didn't know Eddie had seen Alex again. "You admitted you raped me. You said you didn't deserve my forgiveness because of what you'd done to me."

"Baby, hush now," Alex cooed. "You're delusional. None of that ever happened."

"Sir," one of the cops said to Eddie as he jerked against Alex's arm to shut him up. "You need to let these medics examine you. We need to document any physical proof of your claims."

"Physical proof," Alex scoffed. "I just told you we had sex. You're going to find my DNA inside him and his inside me. I fully admit to that. We had sex. Isn't that what two people in love do?"

"I don't love you," Eddie sobbed as he buried his face against Steve again.

"What about his ankles and wrists," Steve asked. "And the gag? He was tied up and gagged when we came in."

"Did you untie him," one of the officers asked and Steve nodded.

"It was consensual," Alex said again. "My baby boy likes to be tied up. It was all in fun. He asked me to do it."

"What about the tattoo?" Steve glared hatefully at Alex.

"He did that to himself," Alex laughed. "Trying to get you out of his life."

"I didn't do it,"Eddie shrieked. "He did!"

"Tattoo?" Steve looked up at the policeman. "What about a tattoo?"