Chapter 8: "You Have No Idea What's In-Store For You!" (Dr. Abner)

A/N: I've actually been to Omega Mart twice! Once by myself because I really wanted to, another time with my friends (lazylittlehotsuace and someone else) because we were going to Las Vegas together and they wanted to go. O-O-O Omega Mart! You have no idea what's in-store for youuuuu!~ Why is the jingle so catchy?

Mostly written by lazylittlehotsauce, edited by me.

A/N 2 (March 23, 2023): Oh god oh god oh god

My friend just got in huge trouble at the time of writing this chapter and is crying in the bathroom. Oh goddddd two teachers just walked by, I think they might be talking about her. (Yes I'm eating lunch at school.)

A/N 3 (March 29, 2023): Listen to "Hidden in the Sand" by Tally Hall. I just discovered their music yesterday (unless you count the countless animatics of "Turn the Lights Off" that I've watched without ever knowing the artist.) It's great. And short. LISTEN TO IT. (has nothing to do with the fanfic whatsoever but I just wanted to say.)

At that moment she realized, the A/Ns and title took up the majority of the page space.

"Guys, guess what?" Natalie woke them up.

"You got more Top 10 Hot Anime Waifus In Your Area issues?"

"No, of course not! What the heck?" the girls said in unison.

"Jinx! Double jinx! Triple jinx—nx!"

"Ah, dang it," said Katie.

"Shhh! You can't talk!" Abner said.

"Nah, it's fine," Natalie said, a mischievous grin growing on her face.

She wants me to talk, so I can get "punished", Katie signed.

"Huh? I... don't know sign language." He was lying.

Sigh. "I said, she wants me to talk so I can get punished!" She yelled, after signing that about 11 more times.

"Hah! You got tricked! Now you have to buy me a drink!" Natalie exclaimed.

Dr. Abner laughed too, and he looked like he wanted to say something.

"What is it?" Katie grumbled, noticing the look on his face.

"Uh...I actually do know American sign language.." He finally admitted, unapologetically.

"WHAT!?" Katie yelled.

"A little advice for you. When she gets like this, it's best to run. She's kind of cheap," Natalie told him. "Anyways, continuing the topic, I saw this website on my phone advertising a place called Omega Mart!"

A little later...

"I don't think we should waste our time on this." Katie said. "It seems cool, but we still have, like, more than a week of driving!"

"Really? It seems like the perfect place an escaped SCP would hide. Look at this 'Factory!'" Dr. Abner stated, pointing at her yPhone. "Hey, that reminds me of my namesake 001 proposal..."

"Fine, I guess. How much do the tickets cost?" Katie asked, looking at her mom's credit card.

"Uhh..$59 per person?" Natalie said, nervously.

Kate added the prices up in her head. "$177 DOLLARS TO GO TO A STUPID LAS VEGAS ATTRACTION!?" she exclaimed.

"Told ya she's cheap." Natalie whispered to Erik. To Katie, she said, "Hey, you'll be supporting independent-ish artists!"

"Oh."

15 minutes later...

"Wow, that's all it took to get her to buy the tickets?" Dr. Abner said.