Chapter 11: Actual Cannibal Shia Labeouf (Dr. Abner)

A/N: Since I haven't posted in a while, here's another chapter to make up for it! Also, since the Tally Hall thing is on indefinite hiatus, I'm working on a new thing with some OCs, inspired by TH songs! Also, there's fantasy with some possible D&D inspiration! (I've never played D&D.)

I think I originally told Ashley that 3 dead bodies were in the closet, but I changed it to something funnier and more Tally Hall related. I can't believe I actually named a chapter after a lyric from a Rob Cantor song. I've been wanting to do this for a while, actually; I just never got the chance to. *legasp* I used another semicolon!

Out of the closet jumped a man slightly resembling Hollywood superstar Shia Labeouf. It wasn't actually the man himself, but rather a doppelganger of him. Dr. Abner chuckled a little as he was reminded of those memes from 2013 the younger researchers laughed about. He wasn't very scared, the scream had just been from shock, but he was still a little concerned for the girls' safety. Dammit Erik, you'll probably never see them again in like 2 weeks, don't grow attached to them!

The man who resembled Labeouf got down on all fours and gave a feral screech, brandishing a knife. He pounced at Katie, and the trio ran for their lives.

Katie panted like a dog. "I don't like this!" she cried, out of breath. Sweat dripped from Abner's forehead as he dashed through the streets. He could almost feel Katie's heart pounding. Natalie hid her fear better, but it was still glaringly obvious to Abner that she was terrified, too.

They ran back to their room and frantically shut the door behind them, panting.

"That was close," Katie said.

"I mean, we nearly died, so yeah," Natalie said.

Suddenly, there was a pounding at the door.

"Shoot." Natalie pressed her body against the door.

The pounding grew louder.

Katie and Abner attempted to barricade the door. It was a struggle, but they managed to move a dark blue armchair with cotton fabric and a wooden coffee table with an old Time magazine on it. Abner picked up the magazine for later reading. 999, who was sitting in the armchair, gave a happy gurgling noise. Oh, always so innocent.

Natalie sighed. "Okay, we need to find a way to get out of here ASAP. That probably won't hold for long."

"Or we could call the police."

"Yeah, but what about him?" Natalie gestured to Abner.

"They're definitely not going to have any info on me, that's for sure," he laughed. "Even in my universe, the government thinks I died at 27."

"Wait, what?" Natalie said.

"It's

"Hm..." Katie said. "What if we—"

"I think we should—-"

"What if we—"

"How about—"

"Lemme finish. What if we climbed out the window?" Katie said.

"Oh."

Abner pried open the window and helped the girls quietly and quickly get over before climbing over himself with the luggage. Unfortunately, the bags made a noise as they hit the ground.

"Run!" Abner shouted, tossing the bags to Katie and Natalie, who were more than happy to oblige. They went off to who-knows-where, probably the car. Meanwhile, the man resembling Labeouf caught up to

Abner. Looking closer at the man's features, he realized something. This guy isn't human.

Every feature looked slightly off. The arms, too long. The pupils, too narrow. The skin, tinged with an ashen tone. The nails, claw-like. But the most unsettling of all was the look in his eyes. He knew this wasn't just a medical condition. Either it was a weird anomalous effect, or it was...something else.

Abner's train of thought was quickly broken by the sharp pain of a knife plunging into his heart. He didn't make a noise, but still winced at the pain. He was used to being shot if he needed a new host for whatever reason, but not something like a stabbing. Crimson blood pooled around him as that thing chuckled. Its face was the last thing Abner saw before he blacked out.