Chapter 2: An Unannounced Visitor(Natalie)

A/N: Author Bright is a terrible person. I'm going to say that for you peeps that didn't read the beginning a/n. I'm trying to A: Separate the character from the author and B: Give him more depth. Bright family lore is still canon for reasons. Also I'm not using the Kaktusverse name for him because I've seen several people who have accused DJK of predatory behaviors. As such, I've come up with my own name for him, Erik Abner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4th, 2023

Hi diary, it's me again, Natalie. Yesterday we were going to McDonald's, and the weirdest thing happened! Some weird radio transmission came on about an explosion and "Site 19, whatever that means. The guy sending it was named Dj Skip or something, and Katie thinks it has something to do with an SCP podcast. Probably just a prank. I also swear that

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Natalie rushed over and threw the door open. Katie may have been weird, but she was still her sister. She froze at what she saw.

There was a ginger-haired man that look to be in his thirties standing beside her bed, holding a shotgun in one hand and a sticky note reading "password: qwertyuiop123abc" in the other. Despite the age he appeared, the look in his eyes suggested he was much older. He was wearing a white unbuttoned lab coat and a bright blue t-shirt underneath. But the most eye-catching thing about his appearance was a small medallion resting upon his chest, studded with glittering stones. There was a big one at the center that was the most attention-grabbing.

"What the heck is going on?! Why is there some random man with a gun standing over my sister?! Why is the window open?! Why is Katie covered in confetti?! Why do you have shoes on?! This is an Asian house!"

"Okay, okay, I can explain," the man said. "So, uh, hi. Yeah, I may have been trying to shoot your sister, and confetti may have come out instead of bullets. My mistake. But I still didn't break into your house!"

"It sure seems like you did," Katie grumbled.

"Nope. Just woke up here."

"Sure you did," Katie said.

"Um...don't you think we should really—" Natalie began.

"Eat breakfast?" the man said.

"...call the police."

"Oh."

Just then, a scraping sound came from outside, and then several loud cracking noises. The man whipped his head around and gasped. "The [EXPLETIVE]?!"

Just outside the window was a concrete statue with wiry limbs and strange patterns on its face. "Is that—"

"173. Yes, I know you know, I saw your computer," the man said.

"—the new version, specifically. That doesn't look like Untitled 2004," Katie said.

"Huh? Rewrite? Untitled 2004?" he asked.

"Ugh, I don't even know what we should do anymore," Katie said.

"How 'bout calling the police?" Natalie said.

"Look, if SCP-173 is at our house, maybe this guy isn't actually lying about falling from the sky! Maybe he's even Jack Bright!"

"Um, how do you know my previous name?!" he said, panicked. "Then again, I must have somehow transcended reality to the Swann level, or maybe...Also, I've been going by Erik Abner since the reality reset."

"Um, what?" Natalie was confused.

"I'll explain," he replied.

"So if we're not calling the police, we might as well go eat," Natalie said.

"Yeah, right," Katie said.

After feeding Mochi, their cat, Katie made bacon and eggs, with a side of toast. They decided to sort some things out.

"How did you get access to the classified Foundation database?" Dr. Abner asked.

"What?" Katie said, breaking her yolk. "It's a creative writing website."

"Yup, transcended reality then."

"You people are either insane or really smart," Natalie said, "Because I don't understand a single thing you're saying."

Katie grabbed her phone and began to search something online while Natalie poured herself a glass of orange juice.

"Let's see, this might explain things. Okay, first I'll read some stuff from the Universe Hub since you don't know a lot about SCP, then some classics from the first two series, then Swann's 001 proposal, then 3812 because it's kinda related I guess. Then I'll read about him and Bright family lore."

"What?"

"You'll see."

A/N: Time to dive down a deep, dark anomalous rabbit hole!

Mentions in this chapter: SCP-0963, SCP-173, Universe Hub, SCP-001 (S. Andrew Swann's Proposal), SCP-5500, SCP-3812