Chapter 4: Complications(Dr. Abner)

A/N: I was going to make the character the narrator is limited to alternate, but I was too lazy to write the whole thing for this soooo...yeah. Hey, you never know, I might release that as a bonus short chapter if I don't have time! Plus, "Erik Abner woke up" is the best beginning my tired brain can come up with right now. Also, the explanation makes less sense if you actually "see" it. In the bonus chapter I'll probably do a ridiculous amount of lampshade hanging.

Erik Abner woke up. He was groggy, and didn't know how long he'd been out for. Of course, he didn't feel like he was unconscious, given that his brain was in hell. Literally. While nobody was wearing the amulet, his mind was sent straight to the second circle of hell (lust). It was refreshing to see his original body again (because that was the innermost representation of himself, especially because it's hard to torture an indestructible necklace), but of course the torture ruined it.

A blurry figure was standing over him. From what his disoriented brain could tell, he was on a bed. He still couldn't remember what had happened before. Wait, were they in a girl's body? They felt their chest. Yup, woman. This is how transgender people must feel, he thought.

His vision began to clear up. He saw a teen girl wearing a shoulderless top and jorts standing at their bedside. A flood of memories began to come back.

"Where am—"

"Shhhh. Save your energy. And no, you're not Katie. We also locked that weird statue thing in a room. Then we found an emo depressed girl about to commit self unalive, tried to talk her out of it, failed, told her to wait, and put that weird necklace thingy on her. Katie said she would come back with your brain or something. You were kinda passed out, so we lay you here. Oh, by the way, it's just been a day. It's June 6, same year, still morning, have fun."

"That's...convenient," he said

Just then, he noticed Katie, standing by the doorway. "I thought we agreed to do this together?"

"I'm better at explaining things," Natalie said.

"But—fine."

"Get out of bed," Natalie said.

Geez, kinda harsh, he thought. He flopped out of bed and landed face-down on the floor. Good thing it wasn't too high up. He got up, and gave a sigh. Slow as a sloth, he trudged after Natalie, who was walking out of the room.

Breakfast was like any other, just with the girls there. It was oatmeal. Even though the oats were plain, they still tasted delicious and filling.

I should...probably write an email. Everyone at 19 must be wondering what the [EXPLETIVE] happened to me, he thought. He headed to an office room and started typing on his phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 6/6/2023

From: eabner@scp.net

To: emann@scp.net, slight@scp.net, cgears@scp.net, tmoose@scp.net

Subject: What the [EXPLETIVE] happened

Guys I don't know what the [EXPLETIVE] actually just happened to me. I think I transcended reality, up to the authorverse/swannverse/ whatever you wanna call it. I have no idea how I got here, I don't even know if this email is gonna get through. Hey, maybe there's a Foundation in this reality. I doubt it.

I was just at nineteen, walking down the halls, and before I knew it I passed out and I woke up in some random house! I may have dug into a kid's computer (She was practically asking for it! The password was right there!), and that's when I realized something was up. That kid's got nonexistent scips on there! They're written well, too, not just some weird [EXPLETIVE]. Like, clinical tone and stuff. They're also really entertaining to read. Kid's sure got an imagination. Also stories (didn't realize there was fanfiction about me!)