Chapter 2

After a few days, Yoko managed to get in touch with Hajime Kokonoi. They had agreed to meet in a little frequented bar in order not to attract attention.

Kakucho was wondering what do they all see in Kokonoi. Everybody wants him in their team, the most powerful gangs are after him.

- Why are you interested in Kokonoi? Izana also wanted him in his gang. What's so special about him?

- Hajime Kokonoi was once a member of the Black Dragons. He's good at fighting but that's not why I'm interested in him. You see, after an accident that happened a few years ago, he developed a trauma that manifests itself as an obsession with money. He knows how to get it, how to keep it and how to expand his resources efficiently. He is a true "moneymaker".

It was at that moment the said genius appeared.

- One of my minions told me that you were looking for me. What do you... Izana ?!

- I'm not Izana. Sit down and I'll explain.

Kokonoi wondered whether he should sit down or run away. But his curiosity pushed him to obey.

- If I understand correctly, you are Izana's little sister ? And you want me to join you ?

- That's right.

- You want me to leave the Kanto Manjikai and betray Mikey? You're really crazy! I'm out of here...

- Wait a minute... Koko!

Kokonoi stopped short. How...

- How did you call me?

- Koko. That's how Seishu Inui used to call you, right?

- You know Inupi?

- I know about Seishu and Akane Inui. I know what happened a few years ago, why you are so obsessed with money. The fire that burned down Seishu and Akane, her hospital bills, her expensive surgery... I know everything.

- No, you don't !

- I know how you feel, seeing the girl you loved die without you being able to do anything...

- No...

- How you feel every time you see Seishu. That feeling and resentment that has haunted you for years...

- Shut up !

- I know how you feel. I feel exactly the same way. I've known people before. Great people. Who I couldn't save. So I'm the best person to talk to you.

Now all eyes were on Yoko. Her red eyes lit up strangely. They betrayed gloomy and macabre desires that made them all shudder. But they quickly returned to normal.

- Sorry, I lost my temper a little bit... Join us, Koko. I can't guarantee you anything, not the money, not to erase this feeling in you. But I will do everything in my power to do so.

And she left the bar accompanied by Kakucho, leaving Kokonoi in the deepest confusion.

****

- I want to join you, Yoko.

- You made the right choice, Koko. Well, next target: the Brahman and its leader, Senju Kawaragi.