Chapter 11

Yoko, who was still looking for ways to attract Mikey, stumbled upon Shion Madarame, a member of Kanto Manjikai.

- Shion Madarame ! How are you ? Long time no see !

- Do we know each other ?

- Barely ! It's normal that you don't remember me, it's been a long time. But let me refresh your memory. Do the names Keiko and Aoi remind you of anything ?

Madarame paled at the mention of these names. But his fear was really felt when he saw Yoko's eyes. They were red and shining like suns.

- Are you... The kid from last time?

- You've got it all figured out ! The last time we met, I left you alive to keep a promise I had made. I warned you but you didn't listen to me, so I'm going to do what I should have done a long time ago.

Madarame was completely paralyzed by fear, he couldn't even find the courage to move.

- Are you going to... Are you going to beat me to death ?

Yoko laughed, a laugh that meant everything, a laugh that didn't bode well. A laugh that came from the mouth of the devil.

- No, I won't kill you. First, I'll handle your family and friends. I'll hunt them all down, kill them one by one. When you'll be completely alone, I will push you to the point where death itself will be your only deliverance.

Madarame shook all over. This girl didn't seem to be joking at all. She was crazy.

But something else caught Yoko's attention. Mikey was finally on the battlefield. But not to fight, to see with his own eyes the lifeless body of Draken.

- Ken-chin... Now that you're gone, I feel... a huge emptiness in my heart.

South had the misfortune to stand next to him and put his hand on the blond boy's shoulder.

- VIVO! Mikey "the Invincible" finally deigns to join us ! Yeah, I know, my guys whacked Draken. It's sad because I liked him myself...

He didn't finish his sentence when he bit the dust. That one blow from Mikey had succeeded in knocking South out. Mikey sat on South's chest and started punching him in the face.

- Why... Why do I always have to lose the people I care about ?! First my father... Then my mother... Shinichiro... Baji... Emma... And now Ken-chin! Why, huh ?!

All the fighting had stopped. Everybody was now watching Mikey fighting against South. Takemichi tried to intervene but in vain.

- Stop Mikey, you're gonna kill him!

But Mikey didn't listen to him. Mikey did not listen to anything or anyone. He only stopped when South's skin turned cold. He was dead. Everyone was shocked. They knew that in a fight like this there were bound to be casualties, but they didn't expect it to be South or Draken, who were among the strongest guys.

Suddenly they heard sirens.

- Shit, cops ! Fuck off !

Everyone started to run away, except Mikey who sat next to Draken and started to cry.

- Ken-chin...

Sanzu was running away when he saw that Mikey was not moving.

- What are you doing Mikey ?! Hurry up or the cops'll catch you !

Mikey did not move an inch and continued to cry. Sanzu had to pull him along so that the police wouldn't catch him.

Yoko wanted to stay and fight Mikey, but Kakucho dragged her away.

- Let go of me, Kakucho ! I have to go, I have to avenge Izana ! Damn it, let me go !

But Kakucho didn't loose his grip one millimeter.

That day, the three most powerful gangs in Japan clashed. The Red Eye and the Rokuhara Tandai both suffered major deaths : Minami Terano and Ken Ryuguji. Rokuhara Tandai is out of the race, now that South is dead. What about the other two ?

- Damn it, damn it, damn it ! I swear I won't let it end here ! I'll kill you, Manjiro Sano!