Chapter 9

Keiko and Aoi, Yoko's friends, were arguing about the proposal Keiko had just made to them.

- But why do you want to go to Japan, Keiko ?

- Well, it's a bit complicated here. Food is hard to find and we won't be content to remain thieves of fortune all our life. We'll have to earn our living at some point and in Japan, there are more opportunities ! Of course, we'll have to struggle a bit at first, but it won't be much different from here.

- Maybe, but even if we wanted to, how do you want us to go? We don't have the money for tickets, we barely have enough to survive!

- I found a way. There is a plane that will leave in two days for Japan. They are going to transport goods there. We can hide in the luggage, they won't notice us. I've studied the Japan-Philippines route, we'll only have to fly 4 hours!

- I'm not sure, can you imagine what they will do to us if they find us ? We'll be in a lot of trouble !

- Nothing will happen to us, I promise you. Have I ever failed to keep a promise ?

- No... But...

- Then I don't want to hear anything more from you, okay ? I'll take care of everything, don't worry. Is it okay, Aoi ?

- It's ok. But I want to ask Yoko's opinion at least. What do you think, Yoko ?

- Oh, you know, as long as I'm with you, I don't mind.

- All right, we'll leave in two days

****

Two days later, they snuck into the crates while the adults had their backs turned and got on the plane: Direction Japan !