Knocked Out Cold (Shuichi and Kokichi)

♠️ This oneshot includes rivals Kokichi and Shuichi! Spoilers for up to Ch2 of DRV3, takes place during Daily Life in Ch2 ♠️

   "Shuichi?!"

   "Gonta, what did you do?!"

   Various voices rang out through the Ultimate Entomologist's research lab. They had all been chased, seized, and held hostage by Gonta and Kokichi for an "Insect Meet and Greet".

   "Ah, Gonta very sorry! Gonta rush at Shuichi with excitement, accidentally knock him out..." Gonta apologized.

   "What're we here for, anyway?" Tenko asked.

   "An Insect Meet and Greet! We thought it would be nice to show you all how amazing bugs can be! Riiight, Gonta?" Kokichi exclaimed with false cheerfulness.

   "Y-Yes! It will be very fun!"

   "We should probably wait for more people though. Y'know, so more people can experience the greatness of your bug friends!"

   "Right! I will go find more people!"

   And just like that, Shuichi was dropped on the floor of the room as Gonta delightedly rushed out of the room and into the school hallways.

   "Gaah!" Tenko yelped.

   "Shuichi!" Keebo exclaimed.

   "I really need to tell him not to drop people..." Kokichi mumbled under his breath.

   The Ultimate Supreme Leader grabbed the detective by his arms and dragged him next to the table towards the center of the room.

   "H-Hey! Degenerate male! What are you doing with Shuichi?!"

   Kokichi returned a look of innocent confusion. "Why, I'm just moving him out of the way! It would be terrible if Gonta would come in all excited again and crush his face, wouldn't it?"

   Keebo and Tenko looked at eachother. "He does have a point..." Keebo reasoned.

   The little liar kicked him a couple times before bending down on his knees and positioning himself so he was staring directly at Shuichi's face.

   "Wh- Hey!"

   "C'mon, Saihara~! Wake up!"

   There was no response, because the detective was obviously unconscious.

   "What's wrong? It's time to wakey-wakey!"

   "Hey, uhm... I don't think he's going to wake up..." Keebo pointed out.

   "Why not?" Kokichi asked.

   "Khehehe... He appears to be knocked out cold..." Korekiyo drawled.

   Kokichi's lips began to tremble. "I-Is he dead? I DON'T WANT HIM TO DIE! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

   Tenko winced at the sudden outburst. "Wha- He's not dead, idiot, he's just... Geez, how do I explain it to a degenerate male like him..."

   "I got this." Keebo cleared his throat (however he can as a robot). "He's just... asleep!"

   "Oh!" Kokichi exclaimed. The crocodile tears were immediately wiped off his face. "Then I'll just wait for him to wake up!"

◇◇◇

   "Agh-!"

   Shuichi woke up to find Kokichi's face directly in front of his own.

   "Mooorning, sleepyhead! You're finally up, Shuichi."

   "... Huh? What?"

   "Nee-heehee, are you gonna ask... "Who am I?" and "Where am I?" Well, you're definitely Shuichi Saihara. And this place is... Hmm... I guess, hell."