Gajeel's P.O.V

The day after Levy called me I was worried. First time I'm meeting her Father and I'm nervous, I've never been this scared before. She told me to be myself, but that won't make her dad like me. I sighed and decided to just take her advice. I looked at the clock, five o'clock, better start getting ready. I put on a plain black t-shirt and jeans. I put on my black sneakers and grabbed my orange hoodie as I left the house. I arrived at Levy's house at six o'clock with flowers for Levy and her mom. I hesitantly knocked on the door and stood as tall as I could trying to look good despite my clothes. Her mother opened the door.

"Oh, Hi Gajeel. Please come in" She said as she stepped to the side.

I walked in and smiled at her "Thank you, Mrs. Mcgarden. Here, these are for you" I said as I held out the bouquet of Lilies to her. She thanked me and took them to the kitchen to get a vase. I waited by the door for Levy to walk down. I looked at myself in the reflection on the window. I decided to pull my hair back into a nice ponytail so I didn't look so "Gross" as some people said. Levy walked down in a blue t-shirt and jean shorts. I smiled at her and held out the bouquet of roses for her.

"Gajeel, they're beautiful. Thank you" She said as she hugged me tightly.

I smiled and kissed her head "I'm glad you like them, so where's your dad?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, he's running late. Caught up at work or something" She said as she put her flowers on the counter. We talked to her mom and helped make dinner for a few minutes before we began to set the table. About five minutes after everything was set and we were sitting down Levy's dad came in. We wall looked at him.

Levy and I stood up," Dad, this Gajeel, my boyfriend..." She said softly as he walked over to us.

"Nice to meet you sir" I said as I stuck out my hand for a hand shake. He shook my hand without a word and sat down. Dinner was fairly quiet, made me even more nervous.

Finally her father spoke," Gajeel is it? What are you plans with my daughter?"

I looked at Levy then at him," I'm not sure I understand the question" I replied confused.

He sighed," Son, I don't like you. Your look isn't what I want Levy exposed to you, So I-"

"Dad, please"

"Levy no, it's fine. If your dad doesn't want me around you anymore then fine, but sir know this: I love Levy more than I have ever loved another. She is the reason I get up in the morning, the last thing I think about before going to bed. I will do anything to make her happy because she deserves the best and if that's not me then so be it, but I want her to tell me that, not a man that just met me." I said as I stood up. After my speech I began my way to the door. I grabbed the knob, but was stopped by a voice saying "Gajeel." I looked back to see her father walking towards me.

I stood up straight and looked in Mr. Mcgarden's eyes," Yes, sir?" I asked sounding a little annoyed.

He looked back at Levy and his wife then back at me," You've got guts boy, to stand up to me and openly say how you feel about Levy. I respect that so please Stay with her."

Levy cheered and ran over to me. she jumped into my arms. I hugged her tightly and looked at her dad," Thank you." I said as he patted my shoulder. I Kissed Levy's head then continued dinner. A few hours later I was about to go home, but Levy insisted I stay the night. Her parents agreed saying it was too late and It wasn't safe to be out this late. I accepted the offer and called my mom, telling her I wouldn't be home. I went up to Levy's room with her and slept in her bed with her.

Little did either of us know that this night would change everything about our relationship.