Gajeel's P.O.V

I was about to make my move and kiss Levy when someone knocked on her door. I sighed in frustration when she got up and answered it. I sat in the Living room by myself for a few minutes before I got angry and went to the door.

"Levy what is-" I stopped when I saw the person in the door. My expression turned from playfully irritated to extremely angry. I looked straight at the man "Levy, I have to go." I said as I began to walk out the door.

She grabbed my arm and looked at me with a worried expression as the man began to back up and head towards his car, "B-but, why...?"

"I'm sorry, I'll see you soon" I said as I snatched my arm away and left her house. I got in the car and we drove off. It was silent for a few minutes.

"How did you find me?" I asked, hostility in my voice as I stared out the window.

He chuckled "Your mom told me, I wanted today to be a good father, son bonding time, but no girls always come before dad." He said sadly.

That made me mad. I gripped the door handle so tightly I thought it would crumble in my hand. "Dad? Really, you think you're my father? Ha, don't make me laugh. Mom and I have been fine since you left and we're going to be even better once you leave" I said as he pulled into the driveway

I was about to get out of the car when he locked the door. I sighed and sat back, looking up a little "Unlock the door, and let me out" I said as calmly as I could.

My father turned to me, "Gajeel, look at me. I didn't just up and leave, I had good reason to leave you and your mother...Even if the result wasn't the best." He said with a sigh.

I looked at him, "At least tell me why, why'd you leave? Why didn't you tell me you were going away?" I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

There was a long silence.

"Fine, I left to protect you and your mother. I had a gambling addiction and I borrowed money from this man. The day I left I was explaining to your mother that I had to leave because he wanted his money back, but if I didn't pay them back in the certain amount of time they would start coming after you and your mom. She was so fed up with my addiction that we got a divorce. I never came back because I was too embarrassed to see you. I thought that my absence would make you an asshole, but you're so nice and respectful, most of the time as I've been informed. I'm sorry that I never called or that I didn't come back sooner." I could hear the sadness and regret in his voice.

I sighed and looked down at my lap "Let me out" I said before opening the door. I went inside the house and ran up to my room ignoring my mom. I slammed my door and stood in front of it as I felt the tears burning my eyes, trying to come out. I leaned against the door and slowly slid down it as the tears fell.

Why did he have to come back? What makes him think I can ever forgive him?