Tortuga

Koruh stood at the helm watching Zane walk up the stairs as he walked over to her pushing her aside and taking the helm.

"You look tired, you should go rest." He said both of them looking out at the horizon. Koruh shook her head.

"I'm fine." She sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder. "We should stop at Tortuga, its only a couple hundred cliques away. Besides, Avalon wants to dance and what better way to show her our world of dancing than Tortuga?" She smirked at him. Zane nodded agreeing letting a few moments of silence pass.

"I've noticed you're talking a lot more." Koruh said as she looked up at him.

"Yeah, since our new guests can't exactly read me like you can, I figure I should speak up a little more." He said softly. Koruh pursed her lips and nodded.

"That's good, I thought it was Eudora." She almost laughed. Zane tensed up a little bit and laughed as well. "Come on, I just got out of another relationship with 'Her' the last thing I want is to be sucked into something with someone who is a mermaid and wants nothing to do with being a human." He sort of chuckled as the fact of that sunk in. Koruh grinned and held him close.

"Good, because I don't want you going anywhere any time soon." She told him before going to the deck and yelling orders to the crew about setting the sails to take them to Tortuga.

Avalon came out of the kitchen hearing Koruh's orders and quietly walked over to her tapping her shoulder gently. "Um, where are we going?" She asked softly before tilting her head to the side curiously.

"Tortuga!" Koruh spun around and grinned. Avalon blinked a few times still not having a clue as to what she was talking about. Koruh laughed having expected that reaction. "It's a place where you'll be able to dance and have a great time!" She told her excitedly.

"Oh that sounds so fun!" Avalon squeaked and jumped up and down. "I wonder if Eudora would be willing to come?" She looked up at Zane to see how the lessons had turned out. "Do you think she's able to Zane?" Zane looked down at her and gave her a thumbs up.

"She was walking when I left so I'm sure she is able to dance." He gave her a toothy side grin.

"That's wonderful! Thank you so much for spending the time with her, she wouldn't have tried with me, and if Koruh had tried, someone would have gotten very hurt, so thank you for taking the time to teach her, and for being patient with her. It really means a lot to me." She gave Zane an adorable grin as she twirled her hips making her dress flow out. "When will we be there?" Avalon drew her attention back to Koruh.

"In a few hours." Koruh grinned. "So go get ready, wear your best dress and make sure it's dancing material." Koruh told her before looking up at Zane. "I'm gonna take a nap and get ready, I'll come relieve you when I'm done." Zane simply nodded as he put his focus back on steering. Avalon nodded and skipped off to Eudora's room firstly.

"Dora! We're going dancing!" Eudora looked over her shoulder at Avalon and grinned. "I thought I'd help you get ready!"

"Well that's sweet, what do you think I should wear?" Avalon looked in Eudora's closet before finding a beautiful fitted emerald green dress. "Are you sure?" She looked at the dress skeptically as Avalon nodded and handed it to her.

"Trust me! I have to go get ready but come see me when you're all dressed!" She spun around on her heels before leaving to her room where she opened up her own closet and fingered through the clothes trying to find the right dress to wear before finding the perfect pastel yellow and white dress. She squeaked with excitement and ran to the bathroom to take a shower and ready herself.

Koruh looked around her room after she locked the door behind her. The black lace canopy draped over her bed and spread out on the floor. Everything was neat and clean just like how she had left it. Sauntering over to her walk in closet, she picked out a beautiful black dress with red lace that trimmed the bottom of it. She knew that it would hug her curves perfectly in every way. Setting it on the foot of her bed, she crawled under her comforters and fell asleep. It felt like it had only been minutes when Koruh was shaken awake, Zane hovering over her.