Chapter Fourteen

The rage that was going through me was terrible. Elio was shot twice and Odessa was threatened and cut by the Italians. John Shelby was dead. Changretta was the cause of all of it. It didn't matter that we had taken two of his men. All that mattered was that Changretta dies by my fucking hands.

Speaking of the Changretta family, I was off to tell Thomas what happened. He probably didn't care in the slightest, he cared about when I was going to be there and when I wasn't. I was there to tell him im going after the mob myself, and he wont fucking stop me.

"Stop." The guard told me as I was about to walk into Thomas's factory. "Hold out your arms and give us your guns." the guard said, approaching me.

"You're not taking any of my shit." I told the guards, looking at him. "I work for Thomas." I looked at them, they just shook their heads.

"Wire cutters don't count." they said. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Wire cut- Im not a fucking wire cutter. I'm an American that works for him." I said, they just shrugged their shoulders.

"Sorry Miss, we still have to take your weapons." they said. I sighed out of frustration, taking my overcoat off and handing it to them to hold.

"Ok Mr. Smartass," I took my unloaded gun out and showed them the empty barrel. "This is a bluff, is this okay?" I asked. They looked at eachother and sighed.

"Do you really work for Mr. Shelby? His family business?" They asked, I nodded.

"I work with Polly, Ada, Arthur, all of them. Is this fucking bluff okay?" I asked, they sighed and nodded. "Take care of my fucking guns. Don't touch them either. I don't need your dirty finger prints on them." I said as I tucked the bluff gun into the back of my pants. The guards kept my overcoat, confused about why I didn't get it. I didn't care at the moment.

I started walking towards his office, getting stopped by his assistant.

"You can't go in there, miss. He's in a meeting." He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"With who?" I asked, looking at the man.

"Monsieur Paz from France." His assistant told me. I walked to the window of his office, looking who was in there.

Luca fucking Changretta.

"Monsieur Paz my ass." I pushed the man away, walking into his office, slamming the door open. While my switchblade was being opened in my right hand.

"You son of a bitch!" I grabbed onto his shoulder, turning his face to me and punching him as hard as I possibly could. It drew blood.

"Tavi-" Thomas said, but I was already picking Changretta off his chair and hitting his head with the end of the knife. It made him stumble a bit.

"You shoot my fucking brother and think youre going to get away with it, huh?" I yelled in his face as he was pressed against the wall with my knife to his neck. His droopy eyes looked at me, no emotion in them.

"I didn't shoot your brother, Octavia," he said calmly. I looked in his eyes, pressing my knife into his throat more.

"You gave the fucking order." I retorted.

"Exactly." He hit my side, making me slightly double over. He grabbed my gun from my back and backed me against the wall, holding it to my jaw.

"Who shot your brother?" He asked. I clenched my jaw, putting a fake reaction on.

"vai a farti fottere italiano" I told him so go fucking himself in his own language.

"Mr. Changretta, please put the gun down." Thomas's hand was out in front of him, attempting to ease the situation. Luca ignored him.

"I'm going to gut you like a fucking pig, then display your body for your men to see." I said through gritted teeth.

"Your father tried. Look what happened, Octavia." He said. I brought my fist back to stab him, but he pulled the trigger. It was blank, but before I could pierce his skin, Thomas grabbed my arm and held it back.

"You always were a coward." Changretta dropped the gun at my feet, making it fire off another blank. The door shut and Thomas' grip on my wrist loosened while he exhaled deeply.

"You come to my fucking work and you do this," he picked up the gun and put it back in the lower right holster. "You do this right in front of fucking Changretta?!" He yelled.

"That was the point." I said, wiping the tears that came out of my eyes. It was something about when he yelled that made my eyes water. It was almost like I cared if he yelled at me.

He walked over to me, closing the space between us, grabbing my jaw and making me face him.

"Do you know what the hell was going through my mind when he put that fucking gun to your head?" He asked slowly. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh shit, I'm gonna have to clean her brains off my walls?"

He clenched his jaw, cupping my cheek with his other hand. His face was so close to mine I felt as if he were sucking the air out of my lungs. "Tavi," he started out.

"Or did you not want to lose a spy? Or a good helping hand?" I asked. His glasses were practically on the top of my nose now he was so close.

"What the hell was it, Tom? You're not afraid to lose me." I mumbled. His hand shifted to the back of my neck and brought his lips in contact with mine. My breath hitched when his other hand dropped down to my waist, squeezing it slightly. So many things were going through my mind as he pulled away, looking at me with glossy lips and dilated pupils.

"Tavi," he moved his hand back up to me, interlocking his fingers in the back of my neck. "You are the one person I'm afraid of losing." He told me, leaning in to kiss me again. I pushed him away, wiping my mouth and sitting down.

Thomas drew the curtains and turned the lights on, lighting up the room more. My hands were shaking as I ran my index fingernail on the skin of my thumb. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to say. I didn't expect this shit at all.

"Fuck you, Thomas." I told him, getting up. I adjusted the rings above my elbows as I looked at him. "Just because I help you, get you through some tough shit and give you information doesn't mean I'm one of your whores." I said, making him turn around and face me. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were glossy.

"You would never be one of my whores, Tavi." he told me, putting his hands in his pockets.

"That's fucking bullshit Thomas and you know it." I scoffed as I walked out the door, grabbing my overcoat from the guards and walking home. His face at the end was the only thing I could picture.