Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Just the first two round of the Sports Festival. Getting through them nice a fast because I want to get to some of the more interesting fights. A word of warning. Things will get graphic in a few chapters. I'll mention it again on the relevant chapters, but I wanted to tell you all now as well.

"Midoriya," Todoroki said as he walked up to the chatting teen, the rest of the class falling silent as they stood in the stadium waiting room, "Your quirk allows you to copy the quirks of others."

"Yeah?" Izuku grinned, "What, worried?"

"That means if you copy mine..."

"I'll be using the flames?" Izuku hummed, startling the heterochromatic teen, "Yes. I don't know why you aren't, but if I need your quirk, I'll be using the whole thing."

Todoroki just growled before turning away, a conflicted look on his face.

"Hi everyone!" Izuku called as he stood behind the podium at the Sports Festival, smiling widely at the students gathered below him, "I'm super proud to be here! As I'm sure are all of you!"

The students looked at him strangely as he spoke, some whispering to each other at his strangely chipper personality.

"As I'm sure you've all heard by now, I can copy quirks!" the murmuring got louder, though Izuku was sure he heard a certain someone slapping his face in exasperation, "So I just wanted to thank you all for letting me use your quirks to compete today! I'll make sure to showcase them properly! Other than that, may the best student win! PLUS ULTRA!"

Izuku walked forwards silently, a 2-meter gap between him and the rest of the crowd as he positioned himself right on the starting line. He grinned as he closed his eyes, feeling the myriad of quirks around him, each flashing as their owners prepared to use them. He quickly picked out a few that he could use to get started, a strategy already forming in his mind.

"START!"

The crowd surged forwards, Izuku taking a deep breath as he ran. A moment later, he felt the light of Todoroki's quirk surge, jumping off the ground and expelling the breath in his lungs as hard as he could. The air swirled below him, forming into an invisible disk as he landed on its angled surface. He grabbed the next quirk, the familiar feeling of the soles of his feet tingling as he activated it, launching himself forwards over the tightly packed crowd in the exit. His back tingled as he activated Yaoyorozu's quirk, the girl launching herself over the crowd with a long iron rod she was producing from her hand. Izuku grinned as his jacket ripped, the metal and fabric wings snapping out as he finished creating the object.

"Woah, Eraser!" Mic shouted over the speakers, "Did Midoriya have permission to use Support Gear?"

"No," the man grumbled, "But he can copy quirks and is very smart. He's spent the last two weeks gathering information on as many of the student body's quirks as he could. My guess is he used Yaoyorozu's quirk to make those wings."

"FANCY!" Mic shouted as Izuku pointed his hands behind him.

Izuku grinned as he felt the sweat on his palms change, before releasing a massive explosion at just the right angle to shoot him forwards and keep him airborne. The wings rattled on his back as they caught the wind, carrying him over the frozen ground as he caught up to Todoroki, the other teen already freezing over one of the Zero-pointers as he approached.

"HEY SHO-CHAN!" Izuku shouted as he swooped through the air, catching Todoroki's attention for a moment as he passed over head, "Flame on!"

Goodbye shoe, you have served me well, Izuku thought as he positioned his feet behind him, feeling the heat of the fire building on the sole of his left foot. A sound like a jet engine filled the air as he felt his foot ignite, the stream of flame exploding off his skin, vaporizing the shoe in an instant. He shot forwards like a rocket, blinking as he looked down at the massive chasm that opened beneath him. Before he could react, he was on the other side, just as he heard a snap.