Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Izuku's eyes cracked open as the last of the drugs slowly faded from his system, the teen looking over to see Recovery Girl scowling down at him.

"Well, young man," she sighed, "You certainly got yourself badly hurt this time, didn't you?"

"Ye-," he tried to speak, his voice cracking almost instantly as he coughed, his throat painfully dry as he felt a wave of grogginess wash over him.

"Stay quiet for now," the woman sighed, "I've finished the healing, so you'll be able to be discharged tomorrow, but you're still under observation until then."

"Thank you," Izuku croaked as he accepted the glass of water from his mother, sipping on the straw.

"You're welcome, now, I think you have some visitors," the elderly woman hummed as she hopped down off the stool she was standing on, Izuku looking up at the door as the six people entered.

He grinned at Tenya and Shoto, the two smiling in relief as they walked in, stepping up to his bed. Izuku glanced at the bandages still wrapped around Tenya's legs, raising an eyebrow at the taller teen. The two stood beside his bed as the others entered. Izuku blinked as the Hosu Police Chief walked in, the dog-headed man nodding to him, closely followed by a man in a simple tan trench coat and Aizawa. Ms. Joke was close behind, almost holding onto the back of Aizawa's shirt as she glanced nervously at Izuku.

"Young man," the police chief barked, "Do you know why we are here?"

"I'm getting a medal for helping capture Stain?" Izuku chuckled, drawing a glare from Aizawa.

"Take this seriously, problem child," the man growled.

"Geez, sorry dad," Izuku sighed as Ms. Joke fought back a laugh behind the man, "Is it because I was involved in the apprehension of a known and dangerous criminal?"

"Aptly put," the dog-headed man chuckled, sounding like a series of short barks, "Yes, exactly. From the reports of your classmates, you were instrumental in the apprehension of the Hero Killer: Stain. I would like to thank you for your efforts."

"No need," Izuku said calmly, making everyone look at him in surprise, "It's a Hero's job to stop Villains. And he hurt a friend of mine, so even if Tenya wasn't going to go after him, I was."

"Oh?" the man lifted an eyebrow, glancing at the man in the trench coat, who gave a quick nod, "That is quite the dangerous thing to admit, young man. Tantamount to admitting to Vigilantism."

"I would have done it with Ms. Joke," Izuku replied, looking at the woman as she started, "Part of my quirk allows me to sense the quirks of others, so I would have been able to track him down."

"Yes, I've read the reports," the Police Chief hummed, the sound closer to a quiet growl, "But all the same, I must thank you once again for your assistance in apprehending the Hero Killer: Stain. As it stands, we will be giving you a full interview and debriefing at a later date, once you have recovered fully, if that is fine."

"Of course," Izuku smiled as the man nodded, before glancing at the trench coated man behind him, "If at all possible, I'd like the interview to be conducted by Detective Tsukauchi here."

The man jumped at the mention of his name, staring at Izuku in surprise as the rest of the room blinked.

"You know me?" the man asked, giving Izuku a skeptical look.

"We have a mutual friend," Izuku grinned, "I recognized your quirk from his description."

"Ah, very well," the Police Chief huffed, "We'll organize it. For now, I believe your friends and teachers wish to speak with you."