Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Huh, Summer vacation is soon," Aizawa grumbled as he looked at the class roster, the students freezing as they all stared at him in anticipation, "Of course it would be entirely illogical to give you all a full month off."

"Wait, don't tell me..." Deni gasped.

"You'll be doing a Summer Training camp in the woods," the teacher stated as the class erupted into cheers.

"Truth or dare!" "Fireworks." "Curry!" the students called happily.

"However," Aizawa muttered, the class falling silent as he activated his quirk, "Anyone who fails the end of term exams will be having remedial classes here at UA."

"Let's do our best guys!" Kirishima roared as the rest of the class talked excitedly.

"So, Midori," Mina hummed as she sat beside him, most of the class gathered in the viewing booth as they watched the other team do the exercise, "How've you been?"

"Good," Izuku replied, scribbling in his notebook as he looked up at the screens.

"Any big changes in your life recently?"

"Not really."

Mina pouted slightly as she looked at the boy, Izuku all but ignoring her as he wrote in his notebook.

"You smell really good today," she hummed, leaning in a little closer to him.

"Thanks," Izuku replied.

"Is it a new cologne? Deodorant?" she asked, her shoulder pressing against his as she glanced down into the notebook.

"Nope."

"Well then, what is i-?" she was cut off as the hand landed heavily on her shoulder, pulling her firmly away from Izuku, the girl looking up in surprise at the heterochromatic eyes of Shoto, "Huh?"

"You were...getting too close," the two-toned teen muttered, his face as placid as ever.

"Aw, Shoto," Izuku laughed, smiling up at the boy, "I didn't peg you as the jealous type."

"Jealous?" he asked.

Nedzu chuckled to himself.

It hadn't been hard to gather all the information he needed. In fact, it had been almost insultingly easy, the lawyers of the Toga family barely doing anything to cover up the reports of abuse. Now all he needed was the final piece, and he would have everything he would need to systematically destroy them until they were little more than a footnote of a footnote. The only problem was how to get to that piece, even when the answer was, quite literally, standing in front of him.

"No," Izuku Midoriya said, "I won't bring Himiko here until she's ready."

"I understand your concern for your friend, Midoriya-san, but the sooner we-," the chimera started.

"No," Izuku cut him off, making the Principal blink, "I already told you what's going to happen."

"And I said that I understand, Midoriya-san," Nedzu repeated, smiling gently as he sipped his tea, "But I would hate for the younger Toga sibling to face a similar fate to young Himiko."

"Ojoko," Izuku hummed, looking away.

"So, Himiko has told you about her?" Nedzu asked, watching the teen's eyes as he spoke.

"Yes, she did," Izuku sighed, looking back at the chimera, "She told me a lot about her life. Her sister, her friends, her...parents. And the things they did to her."