The Investigation

It was the next day and everyone was gather in Professor Port's class, listening to another one of his stories from his youth. As usual, his stories from youth were so boring to the point many students were doing their best not to fall asleep in the middle of the class. Y/N, team RWBY and team JNPR were in the class and were split up around the classroom. Jaune was sitting next to Weiss and was trying his best, but falling miserably to hit on her as Y/N was overhearing his attempts at impressing her from his seat. Even if he wanted to ignore it, he couldn't because of where he was sitting.

"So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know." Jaune said with a hint of confidence in his voice, unaware of the fact Y/N was eavesdropping on him.

The h/c haired young man had to admit to himself as he continued to overhear Jaune's attempt at hitting on Weiss. He was actually quite impressed by how Jaune was not giving up on Weiss, despite having been coldly rejected by her countless times by now. Too bad that he couldn't see the way a certain red haired girl from his team was looking at him because of his interest in Weiss.

"...And then I." Port said, taking a stance as if a monster was about to attack him to make his story sound and look more dramatic. He was stopped from going further into this story by the school bell as it started ringing, signalling everyone his class was over for the day. He straightened his stance as his students got up from their seats and started to head out of the classroom, "Oh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!"

Jaune looked at Weiss questioningly as she packed up her scroll and started to leave the classroom, "Weiss? Did you hear me?"

"No, no, no, yes." Weiss coldly replied, not even bothering to look at him as she walked away from Jaune towards the exit from the classroom. Upon hearing this, Jaune groaned and faceplanted into his desk.

"One day." Yang tried to comfort him, ruffling his hair as she walked past him with Ruby and Blake and followed Weiss out of the classroom.

Y/N stepped closer to Jaune and took his seat next to him, "I see she dumped you again."

Jaune sighed into the desk, despairing over the fact Yang and Y/N noticed it so easily, "Is it really so obvious?"

"Jaune. You faceplanted into your desk. If that doesn't mean she dumped you, then I don't know what does." Y/N explained, letting Jaune what made him and Yang figured it out so quickly as he didn't want him to know he overheard another one of his failed attempts at asking Weiss out.

"I see. Good point." Jaune let out another sigh upon realizing just how obvious he made it look. He lifted his head up from the desk and looked at Y/N, "I just wish she would give me chance, you know?"

"Have you ever considered other options? You're a nice guy Jaune. I'm sure there is at least one person in Beacon who will be willing to give you a chance." Y/N said, fighting an urge to mention Pyrrha when uttering the last part. He wanted to help Jaune move on from Weiss as his knew his attempts at asking her out will go nowhere anytime soon, especially with the kind of looks Weiss was directing towards Neptune ever since Sun introduced him to him and the rest. Perharps this way it would help him notice Pyrrha as well.

Jaune smiled at Y/N, appreciating his friend trying to comfort him, "Thanks, Y/N. But I think I will continue my attempts with Weiss for now."

"Alright. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, then. Perharps Lady Luck will smile down at you one day." Y/N nodded at him as he got up from his seat and patted him on his back before starting to make his way towards the exit from the classroom, "Talk to you later, bud."