Forever Fall

Another days passed at the Beacon Academy and Y/N was quite busy for most of those days, mostly because of his training as he was spending at least an hour a day attempting to get better at fighting, hoping that he'll get better, at least a little bit.

Speaking of his fighting skills with his swords, he slightly improved when it came to them, but was still far away from perfect. He still didn't stood a chance against any of the members of team RWBY and JNPR, well, maybe except for Jaune. His fellow blond haired student seemed to have as much experience in this area as he had, but Y/N knew he was not the one to judge, considering the circumstances under which he was put in this school.

The other thing that was taking him some to master was his ability of using grappling hook in all ways it could be used. Hunter wasn't joking when he said that it would take him some time to master it. He couldn't remember the last time when he was that proud of himself like he was when he landed safely on the floor after using his grappling hook to leap from the wall for the first time.

Learning how to use his revolver didn't took him that long because this obviously was the easiest part of his training to learn, and he actually had some experience with shooting from earlier, because Brian's, one of his closest friends, father owned a local shooting range and was taking his son and his friends to his shooting range from time to time.

He continued to learn more things about Remnant and one of the things that caught his attention was an event that everyone in the school seemed to be really excited for. This event was Vytal Festival. is an international festival held every two years in one of the Kingdoms of Remnant in celebration of the end of the Great War that took place a while ago.

Right now he and his friends were in the middle of the lunch break and Nora was in the middle of telling them a story about which she was really excited about it. Blake was lost in her book, Ruby and Pyrrha were staring at Jaune who was messing with his food, in concern, and Weiss was filing her nails. The only people who were really listening to her were Yang, Y/N and Ren.

"So!" Nora exclaimed, "There we were, in the middle of the night..."

"It was a day." Ren corrected, holding a cup of coffee.

"We were surrounded by Ursai!" Nora continued.

"...They were Beowolves." Her teammate and longtime friend once again corrected her.

"Dozens of them!" Nora loudly exclaimed, as she shot up from her seat, with her hands raised in the air.

"Two of them." Ren corrected Nora for the third time.

"But they were no match..." Nora explained as she sat back down on her seat, "And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren sighed, "She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now."

"For over a month now?" Yang asked as her gaze was on Nora when she asked, "And you're not getting bored of if?"

Y/N shrugged his shoulders and said, before either Ren or Nora could answer to Yang's question, "At least this dream has a satysfying ending. Maybe if that one dream I had a while ago ended up as satysfying as Nora's did, then maybe I would remember it more fondly."

"Oh, what was it about?" Nora asked him, in a curious tone.

"It was taking place in the post-apocalyptic world and I was one of the survivors of whatever happened there before the world became what it was." Y/N began, trying to remember as much of the dream he just mentioned as he could, "It started off pretty well, but it had one of the most unsatysfying endings I have ever seen in my entire life. Let's just say that It ended right when things started getting better and I was finally starting to do something against the bandits that were after me since the beginning of this dream and I even formed a group with four other people."