Eleven

A/N; DISCLAIMER: trigger warning. alcohol consumption and intoxication. 

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.

Yoongi's POV

I groaned. Fuck, everything hurts.

I haven't gotten this drunk since my early twenties, and sleeping on the couch has me suffering the consequences.

I guess I am an ahjussi, after all.

My lips curve into an uncontrollable smile, as I recall the events of last night.

FLASHBACK

She's drunk. She's blabbering on about her love for llamas one second, and how scallops swim the next. I've no clue what she's on about. But, I'm one to talk.

Yes, I'm aware of myself nagging her about the importance of the years, location, climate and casket of each whiskey I poured.

A mess, that's what we are.

She leans forward suddenly. She fixes me with an unfocused gaze.

"Thank you," she slurs. "You're like, my favourite person in the world right now, oppa." She giggles.

The twinge in my heart upon hearing those words threw me into a flash of clarity.

The feeling I had in my chest, I knew very well what it was.

FLASHBACK OVER

"Fuck," I rub my eyes, adjusting to the dim light in my studio.

Still too fucking bright. Fuck hangovers.

I sat up in surprise. I-ji's nowhere in sight. Shit, where'd she go?

Just as I was about to go into panic mode, in came the sound of knocking at the door.

"Open up," came her voice. I let her in immediately.

"I come bearing gifts," she said with an elvish smile, holding up two servings of take-out hangover soup and recovery drinks.

She was still in last night's clothes, but she looks refreshed. I envy her. Young people and their annoyingly fast recoveries.

"Come on zombie. Drink up," she says, pushing a bottle of hangover remedy and a packet of painkillers towards me.

I do as she says, while she laid the makeshift table with our breakfast.

I taste a spoonful of the soup.

"Haejang-guk jang-ida (Hangover soup is the best)," I let out, savouring the way the warm soup soothed my stomach.

She hums in agreement, rapidly shovelling hers up.

"Ah, 나는 다시 살아있다 [naneun dasi sal-aissda, translation: I'm alive again]," she says, once she was halfway through her food.

"What are you planning to do today?" she continues, shifting her gaze on me as she inquires for my answer.

I didn't really have a clue. My first priority was to get rid of the hangover.

"I need to go home, shower and rest, you tireless child." I deadpanned.

"You know what you are? An energiser bunny," I continued. "Don't you ever need rest?"

She sticks her front teeth out into a ridiculous imitation of the character. How cute.

"I'm more like a camel, in that sense. I sleep for like 20 hours straight on my day off and live off naps and coffee for the rest of the week," she states nonchalantly.

This girl is fucking insane. Ah, to be young again.

"Isn't today your day off? Shouldn't you be legging it to your bed to fill your sleep reservoir?" I asked her.

"I should. But I'm not ready to stop the fun yet," she says, looking at me with pleading puppy eyes.

I'm weak for that shit. I could never say no to her.

"Fuck, fine. I'll just grab a shower here, let's figure out what to do later," I relented, packing up the takeout boxes.

"I'll be done in a bit. Try to grab some shuteye here while you wait. I can't have you collapsing from sleep deprivation," I nagged at her as I was getting out the door.

"Stop nagging me, ahjussi." came her reply.

Aish, that girl.

Thoughts were running through my head as I stepped into the shower.

I'm not stupid. I know exactly why she didn't want to go yet.

She's afraid to be alone.

And I'm more than willing to be her distraction.