Nine

I go to work, as usual. I try not to let what happened affect me.

Hyein-unnie must've noticed my off-state. She shoots me concerned glances here and there, but she's so busy that she can't leave her post to pry information out of me.

I'm grateful that the salon is busy today, in more ways than one. We are nearly fully booked, and there are also more walk-in customers than expected. My hands are full. I'm bustling around the place, washing customers' hair, mixing formulas, assisting Sunbaes with cutting, sectioning, dyeing and treating various customers. I even got to work independently on some of the walk-in customers, with simple things like a bi-yearly trim, root touch-ups and all-over colour refreshing.

In other words, the work kept my hands and brain busy. It was a perfect distraction from the current disaster that is my love-life.

Lunch break is basically non-existent today, since our hands are so full. We all took any free moment we had to get a bite. I dodged another bullet from the questioning Hyein-unnie.

My luck prevailed. By the time my shift was over, Hyein-unnie was still busy with her last customer. I bid her a quick goodbye before rushing out the door.

5:00 pm, my watch read. I'm so fucking relieved that it's my day off from the convenience store today. After all this, I need a drink or two. Remembering my promise to a certain someone, I dial the number in my contacts.

__

A/N

Phone call contents recorded in bold.

__

"I-ji-ah? What's up? How are you doing?" comes the low voice of Yoongi-oppa on the other side of the line.

"Oppa. Are you free? Let's have a drink together. It's my night off from the convenience store." I say, with the most aloof tone I can muster.

"OHh. This kid is all grown up and wants a drink with Oppa" he mirrors my tone.

"Arraseo 인마[inma, meaning hey you, informal]. Oppa will teach you how to drink," he continues, teasing.

"엿먹어 [yeot-meog-eo] lit. eat taffy, meaning: Eat Shit). Where should we go?" I ask, laughing.

"ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ [kkkkk, Laughter]. I'll text you the address, you little shit. 오빠가 술 사줄게 [Oppa-ga sul sa-jul-ge, meaning: Oppa will buy you drinks]."

And with that, he hangs up.

I followed the Google pin he sent me, walking until I reached a familiar street, an all-too-familiar convenient store.

And standing there in front of it was none other than Min Yoongi.