Twelve

Yoongi's POV

I came back from the shower to be welcomed by a certain I-ji dozing off on my couch.

"Yah, who's the one who said that she hasn't had enough fun yet?" I prodded her, a teasing smile on my face.

"I'M UP," she suddenly stands up from her slouched position on the couch, nearly losing her balance.

"Yah, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda tired. I'll hang with you, but let's just have a lazy day." I say, stretching slightly.

She relaxes from her forcibly energetic stance. She agrees.

"Movies and snacks?" she suggests.

"Sure. Where to?" I ask.

She ponders for a moment.

I-ji's POV

He asked a good question. While his studio couch was comfortable, it would be kinda difficult to watch movies from his PC screen that's located on the opposite side of the room.

Being of celebrity status, it probably would be problematic if we 1. Went to the cinema on a weekend and 2. Went to his place. So I blurted out before I had the chance to regret it,

"Wanna come to mine? Let's just lounge around, watch films and eat snacks. My couch is comfortable, and I have a wall projector. I also have a coffee machine, and can confidently make you a good iced americano."

"Sure. After you," Yoongi-oppa chuckles, grabbing his mask and cap, after pulling a hoodie on.

Okay. Here goes.

Part of the reason why I work at the convenience store is that I live really close by, in a run-down little shoebox studio with a tiny gap of a balcony. The building has seen better days, but it's quaint, fits my needs and is in my price range.

I've never had any guests over before, since I didn't make any close friends so far. Well, until now, it seems. I mentally give myself a pat on the back for deciding to deep-clean my flat two days ago.

We walk, side by side, trying to keep a low profile in the broad daylight of a Seoul Sunday afternoon.

He seems to remember the way from that time he walked me back, under less ideal circumstances.

'Stop thinking about what happened' I chided myself internally, focusing instead on observing the passersby and the shops lining the streets.

We arrive at my flat shortly. Unlocking the door, I welcomed him in.

"Welcome to my humble abode," I say dramatically with a sweeping gesture. "I've always wanted to say that," I laugh.

Yoongi's POV

I step into her apartment. I let my eyes wander as my feet shuffle to remove my shoes.

I-ji places her shoes on the shoe rack beside me, dropping her bag into a decorative wooden crate as she moves further into the space.

Immediately from the door was a small open kitchen, with a mini coffee maker and a wicker basket... full of tangerines.

Placed in the middle was a small two-seater sofa, with a long bamboo coffee table, and a patterned rug under it. The sofa faces a blank wall that had at least 20 paintings of various sizes stacked and leaned against it.