Seventeen

I-ji POV

I did not know how to respond at first. I was at a loss of words as I thought of what to say; what would become of us. I retreated deeply into my thoughts, until

"Okay," I finally say.

I do not feel nervous, or insecure about the distance this time around, although distance was what ended my previous relationship. I understand though that this is Yoongi-oppa's job, performing and making music, and his fans meant the world to him. I'm happy to see him happy. I'm happy to see him successful.

I tell him exactly that.

"I will miss you a lot," I tell him.

"I'll miss you more," Yoongi-oppa replies, stroking my hair absentmindedly.

"I'll be there at your Seoul show to cheer you on, my love," I smiled up at him. He kisses me on the forehead. "You'd better," he replies.

"Hmm," I mused, "does being Min Yoongi's girlfriend give me special backstage benefits?"

He leans back at that, spreading his arms while looking at me with an "are you serious" face, Min Yoongi style. "Do you think I'll miss out on a chance of a backstage quickie with you?"

I gasped indignantly, slapping his arm for his crude words. He laughs.

I snuggle back into him.

"I'm gonna miss you to bits." says Yoongi-oppa, after a pause. "I don't know how I can bear all those months of not seeing you."

"Seoul will be so dark without you," I reply, burying my face into his warm chest, savouring his fresh cologne scent. "Promise to call if you can"

"Promise."

TIME SKIP

Third Person POV

It's been a few days and HYBE has officially announced the tour dates to BTS worldtour: PURPLE YOU; the Comeback.

I-ji spots the London show date. She ponders, then checks her calendar and her funds. She decides to surprise him. It was about time that she visited her parents anyway. She plans to hand in her work to Namjoon as an excuse to crash the concert backstage and meet up with the members, as well as her loving boyfriend.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

Yoongi's POV

Fuck, why isn't she picking up?

I paced around the cramped backstage, phone clutched to my ear, as the dial to her number rang and rang. I decided to leave a message.

"I-ji-ah, why aren't you picking up? Please call me back, I'm worried about you." I said after the beep.

At a loss, I slump into the closest makeup chair, beside Namjoon who observed my anxiousness.

"Hyung, don't worry. I'm sure she's just busy. Maybe something came up. Everything's gonna be fine, she'll contact you soon enough." he says with a strange smile.

O-kay? For fucks sake, I can't deal with his strange mood bullshit right now. I'm worried, and I can't stop worrying, but we're due to go onstage in 15. I have to put on a good show for ARMY. My knee bounces uncontrollably as I try to calm down.

Just then, my phone rang. Oh thank god, it's her. I waste no time, picking up immediately.

"H-"

I-ji gets cut off by my rapid questioning.

"I-ji-ah, are you alright? What were you doing? Why haven't you answered my calls? I was so worried. I miss you," I blurted, overcome with relief.

Her silvery laughter echoes through the line. I smile as I finally relax.