Seven

The next day began as usual. It was a Wednesday, which meant I had classes. I arrive at the college, nodding at people I recognise as I passed by. The lessons were informative, but I learnt more from the hands-on training and experience at the salon. It's alright though, I was just here to get my licence and certificate, as long as I finished the course, the rest don't matter. I arrive at the lecture hall, taking a seat in the far back, alone. I didn't really make an effort to socialise. I found out that most of the students already knew each other from before, and friendship groups had already been formed.

As I wait for the professor to arrive, I get a text notification from Yoongi-oppa.

{편의점 아저씨

Hey, Namjoon told me to thank you for the drink yesterday. Son of a bitch didn't join us even after he came back because he suddenly had inspiration.]

{편의점 아저씨

Anyway, he says he wants to meet up tonight to discuss the project in person. Are you working?]

[You

Yeah, I'm working, and it's fine, don't bother him about it, I totally get it- inspiration goes above anything else.}

{편의점 아저씨

Fucking hell you two are so annoying. Anyway, can Joon and I swing by during your shift?]

[You

Sure. I'll bring my portfolio for you to look over and my iPad to do some idea-brainstorming. This is gonna be so fun, can't wait! }

편의점 아저씨 read at 09:00

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I ran back home to get my stuff as promised after classes ended at 3. I live a while away from college, so it takes me a bit of travel time to get to and from school. I make sure my iPad is fully charged, and I locate my portfolio before taking a quick shower to freshen up. I decide to wear something nice to leave a good impression, and I put on a bit more eyeliner than usual for my everyday look back home.

You see, South Korea is a lot less accepting towards darker makeup. Girls here prefer to go for a cleaner, cuter, more feminine look, and although I like to celebrate my individuality, I conform for the most part to stay on the down low and not draw attention to myself. Tonight, as I was seeing a potential client, I want my full self to shine through a bit more, which is why I decided to dress up in a way I felt confident in. I grabbed my bag, supplies and portfolio before rushing out the door to make the handover shift at 5:30.

I got to the store on time, handing over duties with Jeongho-ssi as I got my station ready. I bid him goodbye, then started working immediately. I wanted to get everything done as soon as possible so that I could spend more time discussing the project with Yoongi-oppa and RM-ssi later on.

The clock struck midnight, and the amount of customers had decreased significantly. At around 12:30, the door opened with the familiar sound of windchimes welcoming Yoongi-oppa, and a new face. I stood up quickly, and bowed in greeting.

Yoongi-oppa's brows raised at my attire, a style that he was not used to seeing. I wore a sheer top underneath a loose, spaghetti strap striped dress, with layered ripped jeans underneath, paired with chunky boots and brown lace fingerless gloves. This combined with the eyeliner had me looking like a grunge fairy dream, if I do say so myself. The only thing ruining the party was my neon green staff vest, but duty calls, I suppose.